No announcement yet.

High fence axis problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure your method of hunting. I have gotten few from lock on stands near travel sources like those leading to water/plots. I'm an archer and would love to come help ya out[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Helicopter
      This is how our old lease neighbors did it. They had 640 acres in Concho county which is relatively open country. They spent a lot of time out there and ACTIVLY tried to kill them every day. Eventually they had someone come in with a chopper and net about 3/4 of their herd. They then brought in some new animals and once they added new animals they all started coming out in the day light and became killable.

Comment

Is night hunting for axis legal in LA?

BP

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
          This is how our old lease neighbors did it. They had 640 acres in Concho county which is relatively open country. They spent a lot of time out there and ACTIVLY tried to kill them every day. Eventually they had someone come in with a chopper and net about 3/4 of their herd. They then brought in some new animals and once they added new animals they all started coming out in the day light and became killable.
          That sounds cheap…..

Comment

Have Gun, Will Travel

Comment

I hunted 11 days straight to kill mine, eventually just sat on a trail between field and thick stuff. 10 days of trying to pattern were a fail, so just put a treestanf in a hackberry on a trail. Find sign and do something similar. I was bowhunting, if were a gun hunter, i would hunt the longest stretch of high fence you have. I have heard they often walk the fences, sometimes multiple times per day, not sure the truth to this, but couldnt hurt to try. Good luck, report back when you get it done!!
              Last edited by N.DaWoods; 07-19-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Thermal

Comment

I have only killed a few axis and most all during the night. Helps if your buddy holds the spot light!

Comment

At least you know they’ll be there every time you go back.

Comment

dynamite traps

Comment

We had same problem hunting a 250ac high fence, they knew when you came in the gate becasue most of the time we came in, unloaded and messed around camp beforing going to stand. Only way we could kill them during the day was to park at gate and walk straight in to hunt, then spot and stalk. That and spotlight was about only way to get it done on them. You could also do a drive and sense they are herd animals you could almost drive the entire group.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                          That sounds cheap…..
                          They probably made a nice profit. They sold the deer they caught and used the proceeds to buy other animals and pocketed the rest.

Comment

I have bow or rifle and will assist

Comment

Thermal at night

Comment

If you consider having Axis a problem there are a lot of problem solvers on this site, just saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X