Raised turkey feeder/platform question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raised turkey feeder/platform question

Has anyone built a platform for feeding turkeys? Will that keep the coons away from the feeder? Any photos of it raised and how you built it? How tall, etc.?

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly... worth it? lol

Thanks in advance!

In for pics

Comment

We did, and they totally ignored it.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        Wow... not the answer I was hoping for

Comment

A friend bought one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            We are fixin’ to build one. Can you tell me how long you tried it, how tall and what feed. Did you have many turkey? Thanks

Big pig

Comment

I built one once about five feet above the ground. It was a 5x8 with the feeder in the center. Wrapped flashing around it to keep the coons off. The turkeys loved it for about six months until the coons figured out a way to get up there. The turkeys were roosting up there and when the coons got on it they left it and never came back. I kept it going for over a year and finally gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                We are fixin’ to build one. Can you tell me how long you tried it, how tall and what feed. Did you have many turkey? Thanks

Big pig
                We don't have just oodles of turkeys, but we tried for years to get them to use the platform. They would come to milo cast on the ground, but wouldn't get on the platform.

Comment

Working...
                X