Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Trying to get my yard deer to eat some alfalfa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    I got back to the cabin last night and the deer may have eaten some alfalfa, but it looked mostly like they just dug down into it getting all the corn. I poured more corn on it to encourage them to eat the hay.
    They push their nose into it looking for the leaves.

Comment

The elk usually get to it before the mule deer can get to it. Once the elk find it there will be a herd there every night.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        I put some out at sour place in Aspermont and it scared the deer ran away, they saw it and wouldn’t even come to the feeder until we took it away. I think our deer are the most nervous deer on the planet though...
        That's crazy!.

Comment

I never had any luck with it as hay ..as Green and growing they go nuts over it...But its hard to grow..Its real picky about Soil/PH/weather/moisture

Comment

They don’t like the stems.

Comment

I’ve never seen deer in East Texas where I hunt eat it. Until this past year. They were so hungry by the time the end of November got here, they were eating 30 mins after I put it out. They prefer the leaves in it vs the stem part

Comment

Working...
              X