No announcement yet.

LF Age & Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a pic from the first year we saw him. 100% no doubt the same buck. This pic was taken Nov. 2017.

Based on this pic, it’s really hard for me to put him past 5-6 this year.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4322.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	24628479
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4323.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	24628480

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks 3.5 in the photo above.

Comment

Yeah that kind of changes things with that photo, with that photo and that deer looking like he’s no older than 3, he may just be a big healthy 5-6 year old. I’m just as confused as you now haha!

Comment

He looks 6 to me just healthy. I don't see the sway back or the real lose skin under the jaw and neck area. he does have nice beam length, just wish his tine length was as good as his beams. The standards yall have at your ranch "NOT A SHOOTER"

Comment

I think he’s big boned , plump 5yo.

Comment

He's a big boy no doubt! I am guessing 5 or 6 yo.

Comment

Dang he hasn’t aged well chasing the lady’s will do that to a fellow lol he sure looks older then 5 r 6 This year especially for this time of year he is a healthy looking dude for sure.

Comment

He sure has the loose skin under his chin. I'm going with 6 plus on age. Score wise north of 170

Comment

The first pics look 7 plus. Maybe 10. The pretty baby in 2017 looks 2 or 3 at the top end. I suck at this.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      The first pics look 7 plus. Maybe 10. The pretty baby in 2017 looks 2 or 3 at the top end. I suck at this.
                      Every time I feel like I know what I’m doing I realize it’s just a guessing game unless you have years of history

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        That makes two of us! I think I'm leaning towards a fat 6 yr old. He is a protein hound so most likely we will roll the nice and give him one more year and see what he does. I would much rather shoot him a year too late than a year too early.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                          Every time I feel like I know what I’m doing I realize it’s just a guessing game unless you have years of history
                          Yep, I have pics of multiple deer of known ages that would fool even the most experienced of guessers.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                            Yep, I have pics of multiple deer of known ages that would fool even the most experienced of guessers.
                            Me too. I have many years of history now. I have a dozen bucks that are far older than anyone would ever guess them including me if I didn't have history. I have posted several of them on here in the past just for kicks .

Comment

I'd argue that buck in the 2017 photo is no older than 2.5.

I totally agree your big buck looks older than 5yo, but if they are 100% the same buck - my math puts him at a 5yo. He's a chunk.

Comment

Cool looking buck! Do LF deer score differently than HF?

Comment

Working...
                                X