X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    It works great until the hogs find it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Yep. I'm building small and low hand corn pens. The bucks just love them.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Yep. I'm building small and low hand corn pens. The bucks just love them.
      Interesting idea, do you have a picture of one?

Comment

Sure. I just take two 16 ft panels and split them. Use them to make a 16x 16 pen. Easy peazy
        Attached Files

Comment

Sure. I just take two 16 ft panels and split them. Use them to make a 16x 16 pen. Easy peazy
          Looks like it will keep sheep/goats/hogs out. Not a bad idea. Probably too low to keep cattle out correct?

Comment

Yep. No cattle

Comment

That dude in the middle is a freakin stud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                That dude in the middle is a freakin stud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignore those ol deer and look at the pen.lol

Comment

ill be building one. How are the panels anchored?

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                    ill be building one. How are the panels anchored?
                    T post, rebar, what ever I had handy.

Comment

If you happen to bump a deer at night going in to corn a spot, does it have a negative effect on him? Any special precautions to be taken? I’m very interested in this style of hunting. And I’m full of questions. I think it will work well for me.

Comment

I was on a lease west of Sonora. The deer would hammer hand corn spots. The first year I hunted there, I’d show up in camp Friday evening and go hand corn. The problem I ran into, was bumping deer the next morning. No matter how early I got there. They’d be bedded down practically in the corn. My solution was to limit the amount I put out and hand corn after my morning hunt. Might be something to consider

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                          I was on a lease west of Sonora. The deer would hammer hand corn spots. The first year I hunted there, I’d show up in camp Friday evening and go hand corn. The problem I ran into, was bumping deer the next morning. No matter how early I got there. They’d be bedded down practically in the corn. My solution was to limit the amount I put out and hand corn after my morning hunt. Might be something to consider

Garguy mentioned in another thread that he likes to hand corn his spots around 11pm. It makes sense to me. Keep the pressure minimum, and what little pressure they receive would be at night. Basically just flip the clock on em. On The river bottom land I have access to, the only way I can access it is through the oak flats where deer feed all night. I have to walk through that area to get to the swampy bedding areas in the back. Makes for tough morning hunts

Comment

No hogs able to get in at that height? How tall does that put them? 25"?
                            Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-29-2020, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              No hogs able to get in at that height? How tall does that put them? 25"?
                              Rarely

Comment

Hand corn is the best way to go if you can keep it on the ground. I usually like to go out and put more out about every 4 days if you have a lot of activity on it they will eat a 50lb bag in about 3 days . The deer are not going to circle down wind from it as much either like they do feeders .

Comment

Working...
                                X