• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have one scrap that bucks and does use.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      I actually had a scrape pop up at one of my stand spots. I had a mock scrape about 15yds away but I guess it wasn’t in a good enough spot.
      That's pretty normal.

Comment

RTM, could you please make the pic larger?

Comment

Originally posted by ecook1228 View Post
          I have tried this in East Texas with little success. The location seems to be key.
          During the non-rut time, a mock scrape needs to be right in the middle of a deer trail.

I put some out in June, and had deer working them within the first week.

Comment

Cool idea! I need to pick one of our heavily used trails and make a scrape.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	RCNX0019.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	24636987

Name:	IMG_0054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	24636988

[ATTACH]1026821[/ATTACH

A few more
              Attached Files

Comment

I put a camera on video mode over a big scrape a couple weeks ago. I got a ton of good videos. 17 different bucks hit it during that time, probably half of which I didn’t have on other cameras fairly close by.

There didn’t seem to be any discernible pattern to when they were using it, but it was hit every couple of hours by something.

Comment

Here’s a couple from two of my mock scrapes. I make them in the same spots every year, and get some great pics at them. I’ll post some more next time I check them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

...in...always think of trying this pre-season, always forget in season.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
                      ...in...always think of trying this pre-season, always forget in season.
                      It isn't to late. Right now they are shredding scrapes in Newton Cty

Comment

That's Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My target buck turning to go to my mock scrape. I didn't have a very good place to hang a cam so this is where I put it.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	24637886

Comment

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	24638019

Name:	RCNX0019.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	24638020

Couple more on a mock scrape

Comment

This worked like a charm. I set cameras out on real scrapes 3 weeks ago. Freshened them up on my own and we got pictures of bucks we've never seen.

I got away from feeders and found scrapes on trails in spots that we never go.

Thanks to all for posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                                This worked like a charm. I set cameras out on real scrapes 3 weeks ago. Freshened them up on my own and we got pictures of bucks we've never seen.

I got away from feeders and found scrapes on trails in spots that we never go.

Thanks to all for posting this.
                                Post some pics bro. Good hunting!

Comment

Working...
                                X