No announcement yet.

New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin better all the time Steve! You can get some real work done now with the tractor!

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
      Nice place! Any springs feeding it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks...not that I can tell. The water level fluctuates quite a bit with summer drought / springs rains so I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Lookin better all the time Steve! You can get some real work done now with the tractor!
        Thanks David. Its a game changer for sure.

Comment

Nice addition.
          Breck and I rode past your place a week or so ago, he said " you had it going on". ha

Sending you a PM after you cull a few out of the old message box.

Rwc
          Last edited by Rwc; 05-19-2020, 06:18 AM.

Comment

This is awesome, if you need any welding done I am in Lampasas. My wife only have one vehicle as our only debt left so we are going to be looking for a piece of property similar to yours as I could spend every day of my life on the water. Beautiful place sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hanging out all weekend at the lake.

Couldn't believe it but apparently the smallmouth had a spawn and my son caught a 3" smallmouth today. Crazy that those 11 inch SMB would spawn already but I read that they occasionally spawn at that size in warmer climates.

Have some largemouth that are 4 inches already that are this year's crop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

They are making progress on the barndo.

Comment

What a cool place to develop your own way, and have the family being so involved too. Congrats on the smallmouth spawn, looks like they are digging these warmer Texas waters. I also wondered about springs feeding any of it since the hole was so deep, and the water so clear. If you caught rain like we did in North TX the water should be high with all the runoff. Barndo location looks prime. I couldn’t cast to the water from the back porch of barndo but I’ll bet your son Kyle can! Keep those pics coming, you have an awesome place.

Comment

Congrats Steve! Good to see the fish are taking hold!

Comment

I had planned on putting in a dove plot this weekend ahead of the rains. Producers Co-op was out of peredovic sunflowers so I opted for browntop millet and WGF sorghum.

My new disc harrow didn't come in yet so I had to make the best of it and ended up lowering the tines on the box blade a la plow mode

Ended up doing about 2 acres total in three locations. Don't know how it will turn out since it was halfass....but I did get 100lbs of triple 17 on it. It got a good rain on it today. Didn't spray it so I'll have some Boone and Crockett weeds shortly. [emoji846]

Comment

Had my wife's family out yesterday and the girls had a great time on the water paddle boarding.

My 83 year old FIL went fishing with me yesterday and caught a good one on a topwater.

I snuck out this morning to enjoy the sunrise and caught a bunch of fish including a nice little brown one that annihilated a whopper-plopper.

Comment

I'm liking everything I see here.

Comment

This is awesome, would be interested in the VRBO as well once you get going.

Comment

Had a disc harrow delivered and took a few random pics.

I didn't fish but Kyle did and caught another SMB from this year's spawn. He wore the little LMB and big bluegill out.

One thing is clear...we are overrun with little LMB (3-4 inches) from this year's spawn. I can't imagine what it what look like if we had not taken out 600 bass last year. It will be a constant but fun annual battle! Our crawfish population is off the charts. Kyle caught several from the bank. Every fish has crawfish antennas down their throats.

The dove plots look decent in some spots and meh in others. Hot and dry weather expected for the next couple of weeks probably won't help things. I did disc up some fallow ground to see if the native sunflowers will make an appearance. Had some last year but they didn't come back this year.

We have some progress on the barndo too. The framers got the inside done and we are waiting on exterior metal.

Thanks for following the progress.

Last edited by unclefish; 06-05-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Dem’s eatin size crawdads.

Comment

Working...
                                X