New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
    Stocking - after taking out all those bass we put in 25K golden shiners. It has a great crawfish population...almost every bass we catch has crawfish antennas sticking out of their throat.

It has bluegill and but the bass took a heavy toll on them last year. We plan on adding threadfin shad this spring and get them firmly established.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Bull shad will take to the tank much easier fyi

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
      Y’all get any dove?
      Got a group of buddies coming in tomorrow to hunt. I've been holding off and it's been hard with all the birds around.

Comment

Good Luck to yall Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          Good Luck to yall Steve!
          Thanks David. Did y'all whack em at your place?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
            Thanks David. Did y'all whack em at your place?

I hunted one of my ponds and killed 6. Could have gotten into double digits. Left with 30+ minutes of shooting time. Let them be for the family this weekend. Not alot of birds. Very little shooting heard anywhere and the feedstore owner told me he had only heard poor shoots that morning. It sure was nice to hunt birds on my own place again. No day hunt clownery to put up with. Seen some teal already.

Comment

I hunted one of my ponds and killed 6. Could have gotten into double digits. Left with 30+ minutes of shooting time. Let them be for the family this weekend. Not alot of birds. Very little shooting heard anywhere and the feedstore owner told me he had only heard poor shoots that morning. It sure was nice to hunt birds on my own place again. No day hunt clownery to put up with. Seen some teal already.
              That's is awesome my friend. Nothing like having your own place to do with what you want to.

I saw 30 teal yesterday and a smaller bunch today flying south but nothing on my lake.

Comment

It's on this afternoon.

Comment

Takes all the will power I have not to go snipe a few.

Comment

Stack'm My Friend! Congrats on all your hard work paying off!!

What kind of sunflowers did you plant. Getting ready to have 10 ac or so cleared for a patch.

Comment

Stack'm My Friend! Congrats on all your hard work paying off!!

What kind of sunflowers did you plant. Getting ready to have 10 ac or so cleared for a patch.
                      Thanks.

I planted peredoviks. They get big heads and the WWs love them. Gotta try and keep the ground weed free so the doves can feed. I used Clethodim to kill grasses in the plot....won't affect the sunflowers. Worked really well.

I also have a patch of native sunflowers that the mourning doves prefer. Gotta plant them in the winter so they sprout in the spring.

Comment

Thanks! Gonna be getting with Turner seed soon on getting up to date on everything.
                        Yep knew about the natives. I have alot scattered on my place.

Comment

Man your place is looking amazing

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            Man your place is looking amazing
                            Thanks. I just need these Florida bass to grow half as big as yours.

Comment

Looks like a great place! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Looks like it’s going to be a fun hunt this afternoon, good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X