No announcement yet.

New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They cleared some more trees and now we've got a good idea of how big the final product will be. They should start moving dirt and building levees next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a fat small horned buck finally show up on camera at the feeder after about 2 weeks after getting feeder setup. Planted an elbon rye food plot last week after spraying a week prior. Waiting on a rain.....very dry right now.

Comment

Bought a pump and hoses for the duck pond and put it to the test.

Comment

Looks like a great place to make family memories.

Comment

They are finishing up the duck impoundment today. They are using a scraper and it was quick work for them. Loaded it weighs 200K pounds so the levee/dam has great compaction.

Comment

Dream place Steve! You hit the jackpot on this one! Can I say JEALOUS!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Dream place Steve! You hit the jackpot on this one! Can I say JEALOUS!! LOL!
                Thanks David.

Comment

This gets cooler all the time. Any plans on what you can plant in the impoundment area once they are done?

Comment

Awesome place!!

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                      This gets cooler all the time. Any plans on what you can plant in the impoundment area once they are done?
                      Thanks. Don't know yet. Its really too late to plant anything that would make a seed head for this year. Maybe just something to stabilize the dam like Cereal Rye.
                      Last edited by unclefish; 10-20-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        Thanks. Don't know yet. Its really too late to plant anything that would make a seed head for this year. Maybe just something to stabilize the dam like Cereal Rye.
                        Makes sense. I didn’t know if a rye or wheat in and/or around it helped, was a waste of time, or what not?

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                          Makes sense. I didn’t know if a rye or wheat in and/or around it helped, was a waste of time, or what not?
                          Yeah neither would make a seed head until spring but it would certainly help to stabilize the soil and prevent erosion.

Comment

Put me down for a VRBO as well. Really love this place!

Comment

A few better pics of the duck pond. They should be finished tomorrow.

You can see how close it is to the main lake....easy pumping. Did a test run and worked great.

Comment

The house got some floors today.

They are drilling a well tomorrow so hopefully we hit good water. The well guy says most other wells next to us are 80ft deep.

Comment

Working...
                                X