Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you have your lease to yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m on my own most of the time. The only rime anybody else is there is opening weekend and Thanksgiving. I’ve become used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
      I’m on my own most of the time. The only rime anybody else is there is opening weekend and Thanksgiving. I’ve become used to it.
      Same here and I like it. I don't mind hunting with a like minded hunter every now and then but I enjoy the solitude.

Comment

Never. I really wouldn’t care too honestly. I love the company of other hunters. I hunt alone in East Texas and it is 100% not the same.

Comment

When I first got on, there were only two bow hunters out of ten hunters. I had it to myself for most of October, but would mainly bring a buddy with me to hunt.

The second year on my lease I took a whole week off to hunt. A buddy came up for the first weekend and then left on Monday. By Wednesday, I realized I am not a solo hunter. Another friend called Thursday morning and said that he was having a few people out to his ranch and I jumped in the truck and drove half way across the state.

Now, there are 7 bow hunters out of 11 members on the lease and my travel partner and I didn't get any weekends to ourselves this year.

I'm not really concerned with members killing deer they shouldn't or too many.

Comment

I'm on with family. Not too worried about it.

Comment

Every time I hunt, I have a 160 acers only time there's any one else
              is when I ask them. I love it no traffic deer are always at ease.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Glad i don't lease
                then you have never been on the right lease -

Comment

I can do 2-3 days by myself but that is all I want - older I get it is more about the camp than the deer

Comment

Usually there on my own most the time. I like hunting midweek. We have 5 members on 1100 acres but we all just stick to our own areas. Nobody over steps. We have a very good conservative group. We're all working toward the same goal. Letting deer mature b4 we consider taking anything. It can get boring between hunts but it's nice to just chill in the camper and watch a movie or grab a nap sometimes.

Comment

Ever weekend year around!

Comment

Not often enough. 2 maybe 3 trips a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I enjoy a couple hunts by myself, but do love the time spent with my family and lease friends. The reminiscing of all our past hunts and camp stories is fun to hear again. I'll be headed out Wednesday and will most likely be alone thru Friday. We've only had one issue in 8+ years with a lease member not being honest, but they were dealt with and are no longer there.

Comment

Not often enough. I'm a solitary kind of guy and enjoy the peace and quiet. I may hunt or I may stay in camp with a good book.

Doesn't look like I will be able to make one solo trip this year and don't recall making one last year either.

Comment

Only a few weeks a year I have the lease to myself and I try to take my wife those weekends. I take her then cause we have a big camp house and don’t think I’d want her around 7 guys drinking and BSing. And no I don’t really worry about other memebers.

If you have to worry then maybe they shouldn’t be on the lease.....

Comment

Often - but I honestly prefer it when another lease member is there. It's nice to be able to help each other with recovering animals, getting unstuck, working projects around camp, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X