No announcement yet.

Pulled cards today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think he will make 125. the spread is gonna kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
      Why would he shoot him at 3.5?
      Because he lives in Alabama and only hunts on the family place in Texas a couple times a year. For the most part I have our little 160 acres to myself but occasionally I deal with a family member who doesn't have the mindset that I do about waiting to shoot mature deer. It drives me crazy when I pass on a young buck and enjoy watching him grow and my Father-n-Law or Bro-n-Law shoot them. Thankfully, it is rare that they even hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Because he lives in Alabama and only hunts on the family place in Texas a couple times a year. For the most part I have our little 160 acres to myself but occasionally I deal with a family member who doesn't have the mindset that I do about waiting to shoot mature deer. It drives me crazy when I pass on a young buck and enjoy watching him grow and my Father-n-Law or Bro-n-Law shoot them. Thankfully, it is rare that they even hunt.
        Thats understandable. I guess it also depends on where you hunt. We got a small place in Brenham and my cousin and them shoot a legal deer cause they hardly ever see one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          That stinks I wish more people had the mindset that they didn't have to kill a buck every year. I bought a little 165 ac place two yeas ago down south of George West and haven't shot a buck yet. My neighbors seem to have a good head on there shoulders and I'm seeing improvement in the bucks age. Good luck, those bucks look good tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck123 View Post
            That stinks I wish more people had the mindset that they didn't have to kill a buck every year. I bought a little 165 ac place two yeas ago down south of George West and haven't shot a buck yet. My neighbors seem to have a good head on there shoulders and I'm seeing improvement in the bucks age. Good luck, those bucks look good tho.
            Congrats on the land purchase. It definitely helps to have good management minded neighbors. Hope you see one this season that gets you excited enough to take the first buck off your property.

Comment

Cool buck good luck getting on him.

Comment

Neck shot buck. Its amazing how tough these critters are. We had a guy last year shoot a hell of a buck in the neck one morning. Could not find him. Next morning he walks out after a doe in the same spot, giant hole in his neck like nothing happened. Hunter tagged him in the shoulder this time and got him.

Comment

Working...
                X