Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navarro, Ellis, freestone, hill, bosque what type of protein do your deer eat well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navarro, Ellis, freestone, hill, bosque what type of protein do your deer eat well?

I’m in western Navarro and I my deer will not touch protein, rice bran pellets or straight rice bran.
    What do your deer eat well besides corn? I feed corn yr round and plant a lot of food plots but I can’t get them to touch any supplemental feed. Not so much for nutrition but just trying to get as much attraction to my little slice as possible.
    Is there any protein ,attractant or supplemental feed your deer hammer. I really figured as dry as it has gotten they might try a little something new but nothing yet.

I pour some Big & J out and it gets hammered

Comment

My deer won’t touch big and j, I’ve tried it, it stays until the coins or pigs eat it

Comment

Deer wont hit my feeders until November I've tried everything, I have found they will hit big an j they wouldn't touch anything else either I cant keep a plot long enough before pigs demolish it

Comment

Not exactly in that area, but they really like Buck ration or regular protein pellets a little further north in Hunt County. Buck ration is just corn mixed with soybeans.

Comment

I feed some of the buck ration also but since they are eating the corn for sure.

Comment

I had a little time to get deer to eat the rice bran pellets from my place in Henderson County out of a gravity feeder - basically doing it for attraction. Finally mixed about 80% corner to 20% pellets and gradually have gone to about 80% pellets and 20% corn over the last 2-3 years. They seem to really hit it hard now...at night
              Attached Files

Comment

I think this area just has too much green grass during most times of the year so they dont eat much protein. In Kaufman area I had deer eating Red Chain protein from Gorman during winter when everything is dead. When March comes they turn to green grass. About a month ago when it got dead and dry they finally started eating again.

Comment

I tried the corn mix at first but the dang coons were racking out all the pellets to get to the corn. Coons in the area don’t even like protein or rice bran pellets.

Comment

Working...
                  X