Deer block vs Deer block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer block vs Deer block

I like to buy deer blocks to keep the bucks around longer(and close to the house) so I can watch them closer.
    I have been buying them from Tractor Supply, the Sportsman Choice blocks have been getting hammered and last about a week or so.
    So I bought a Treeline block and 3 weeks later nothing will touch it, not even the coons. I even poured a bunch of corn on it to entice them but they just ate the corn.
    Just thought I would share in case you were considering using either of these blocks!
    Attached Files

Well yeah it says right there on the sportsman choice it’s irresistible berry 😉

Comment

I just use the red trace mineral cattle blocks from my local feed store. The deer use them often and they last for months. Much, much cheaper when they don’t target deer hunters.

The fawn on the right is licking what’s left of the block.
      Attached Files

Comment

I will throw out one of the wild berry scented blocks from tractor supply and the deer will devour it in less than a week. My deer won't touch the trace mineral blocks.

Comment

Sportsman’s Choice berry flavored was the best performer we found when testing them in our block feeders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess mine aren’t picky
            Attached Files

Comment

Never been able to get them to take to any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                Never been able to get them to take to any of them.
                I never put mine out in the open. I tried putting a couple in feed pens and they lasted a year or more. In the thick stuff, it generally takes two blocks to last from Jan/Feb until Sep/Oct.

Comment

The sheep and goat blocks from TSC work pretty good, they are cheaper and bigger.

Comment

I've got a feeder behind my house where I just like to watch deer. I put out a block last year and the deer never touched it. Then the camera showed a couple of male dogs pissing on it. I haven't seen those dogs in a long time, I believe the owners moved. I guess I need to try one of these Wildlife Crunch Blocks and see how the deer like them.

Comment

The only trouble I’ve ever had from the hard trace mineral blocks come from hogs. They will wallow on them, lay down against them, and root them off into the woods. I couldn’t use them in Trinity Co., the deer didn’t want anything to do with all that hog stink.

Comment

At my place in Missouri I use a sheep and goat trace mineral block from the feed store they get hammered deer squirrels rabbits ground hogs and raccoons wear em out the same blocks at my in laws place 80 miles away havent been touched for months

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          The only trouble I’ve ever had from the hard trace mineral blocks come from hogs. They will wallow on them, lay down against them, and root them off into the woods. I couldn’t use them in Trinity Co., the deer didn’t want anything to do with all that hog stink.
                          I put mine in the crook of a limb high enough that the hogs can't reach. Make sure you don't have cattle, because they will attract cattle to your stand.

Comment

Working...
                          X