timed protein feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timed protein feeder

Looking to buy a new timed protein feeder. Anyone have any lessons learned with different brands/types. Anybody like the gates that stay open for certain times vs. feeding certain lbs per feed?

I use a LAMCO 1800lb timed trough feeder and it’s been great. The deer love eating from the trough and I’ve seen 7 deer eating from it at the same time. I wouldn’t worry about rain if your deer love protein, they clean it up rain or shine. I actually unhooked the rain sensor because it wasn’t needed.

Comment

I have the All Seasons Stand & Fill timed protein feeder, 1,000lbs. It holds 850lbs of pellets. It’s worked well but feed does stack up in the corners with about 150lbs not feeding out. So basically it’s a 700lb feeder. I would buy another one though.

Comment

Lamco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got two HB 1000 lb timed release and they have been good so far, (terrible paint job though). With that being said, I would recommend Lamco over the rest. I also want to check out MB RK’s trough feeder as they have an “affordable” version out now.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
            I’ve got two HB 1000 lb timed release and they have been good so far, (terrible paint job though). With that being said, I would recommend Lamco over the rest. I also want to check out MB RK’s trough feeder as they have an “affordable” version out now.

I don’t have the timed but the RK corn feeder is a good unit and those are built about the same.

Comment

Lamco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Krivoman

Comment

I’ve been using the 2000lb all seasons pro evo for three seasons now. No complaints on the feeder, timing it by amount let’s me determine when I should be running out.

During the growing season I have it turned up to run more like a traditional free choice feeder. When season rolls around I turn the time down so nothing is left in the tubes each day, gotten much more daytime activity this way.

Even though it’s marketed as a 2k lb feeder it probably holds closer to 1800 pounds, maybe less. As mentioned before feed does stack up in the corners reducing capacity even further. Overall it’s a good feeder and I’d buy another if needed.

Comment

I have the biggest lamco and it works great. I did eventually switch everything over to 12 volt on it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have The Hammer feeder on my protein feeder and love it. You can buy the system just about any way you want it.

Comment

Lamcos are too big to transport easily in a 1/2 ton truck; I like how easy All Seasons are to move around with the skids.

I had one get wet in a flood though, and I wish I'd just thrown it out. Every component has gone out, one after another. Not the ASF's fault, just a side note.

Comment

I have hammer feeders on boss buck 1200lb feeders. I tried a Lamco trough feeder and my deer wouldn't go anywhere near it. I believe they were so accustomed to the other feeders they didn't know what to make of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X