No announcement yet.

New Ranch - Callahan Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your place. Love the Big Country as they call it. The area between Cisco and Albany is beautiful. I'm from Abilene and lived in Cisco for 10+ years.

Comment

Great looking place and nice deer! We have a lease a few miles south of Moran- has to be close to ya'll.
      Good to see some solid management around us. This will be our 3rd year on the place-3 of us on 800 acres. When we got on, the oldest buck on the property was 2.5. The age classes above that were completely gone. We've been feeding protein, worked on the coyotes and have just killed a few culls trying to get a few of the better looking deer to maturity.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
        I am on the E side of 315. 880 is about 1.5 miles back to the east at its closest point - off my East fence line. There is a fairly large ranch between myself and 880, that I am told has a group leasing it.
        I’ve seen a few of their blinds, but have not seen anyone over there to say hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the east side of 315 back closer to where 317 turns into 315. We sometimes go into Moran on Saturday night for pizza. Next time I’m out there I’ll reach out and see about meeting up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
          We are on the east side of 315 back closer to where 317 turns into 315. We sometimes go into Moran on Saturday night for pizza. Next time I’m out there I’ll reach out and see about meeting up.
          Thanks - PM Sent

Comment

Cool looking place with lots of potential. Congrats on making it happen. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Comment

[QUOTE=Charrison;14314477]Great looking place and nice deer! We have a lease a few miles south of Moran- has to be close to ya'll.
              Good to see some solid management around us. This will be our 3rd year on the place-3 of us on 800 acres. When we got on, the oldest buck on the property was 2.5. The age classes above that were completely gone. We've been feeding protein, worked on the coyotes and have just killed a few culls trying to get a few of the better looking deer to maturity.[/QUOTE

Glad its improving for you guys. How are your deer looking this year?

Comment

Sounds like there are quite a few TBH'rs in the area. We should schedule a time this Fall to meet-up at the Red Gap in Cisco.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Glad its improving for you guys. How are your deer looking this year?[/QUOTE]

Headed out to check cameras this wknd but overall, our 2 and 3 year olds are miles ahead of where it was 3 years ago. Have a few bucks that made it through last year that we think are 5 and look good.

Comment

Checked cameras and did some serious ranch projects last Saturday. I did a crappy job of taking photos of the progress, but we made some strides to having it ready for the bow opener.

The first of the bucks look to have shed on 8/30 or so...

Comment

Sure was hot on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

great thread...go get'em….place looks awesome man!!!

Comment

bA place

Comment

New Ranch - Callahan Co

I had an encounter with both of these bucks (and 7 others) on Saturday night.

In person this 10 looks really nice and I think is 5.5.
                                The 8 with the kicker and the 10 were leading a bachelor group of 9 bucks to the feed pen. They completely circled the large pen 180 degrees from the direction they first appeared, and the big ones smelled me.
                                I’m not heading back to that tripod until I have a N wind. That spot has at least 4 shooters going there and I don’t want to goof it up any more already than done...

Comment

Working...
                                X