Feeding question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeding question

So, I own a slice of Texas in RS and its been a great experience. I have set up two feeders and both are getting hammered by hogs, WT and exotics. Currently, I’m feeding at 5:45am, 5:45pm, and at 10:45pm(for the hogs). Should I stop feeding at night so I can get the hogs to come in during the daytime? I don’t have many pics of hogs or other game during the daytime since I’ve gone to feeding at night. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn’t feed at night if you are wanting to see more day light activity

Comment

I would fence one for deer and feed the other only at dusk and dawn.
      My feeder adjusts itself for longer and shorter days.

I put a cheap solar light on my unfenced one and it works great for pigs after dark .

BP

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
        So, I own a slice of Texas in RS and its been a great experience. I have set up two feeders and both are getting hammered by hogs, WT and exotics. Currently, I’m feeding at 5:45am, 5:45pm, and at 10:45pm(for the hogs). Should I stop feeding at night so I can get the hogs to come in during the daytime? I don’t have many pics of hogs or other game during the daytime since I’ve gone to feeding at night. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I try to feed legal shooting time in the am and 1.5 hrs before last shooting light in the PM.

I’m 9 hrs away so I only get to adjust my feed times about every 8 weeks so they get off as the days get longer in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a couple slices in RS too. if you're feeding year round it doesn't make a difference yet. I have one feeder that I have set for 10 am and 10 pm from feb-aug that has motion sensor lights on it to hunt pigs from. I have one feeder near the house that goes off at 7:30 am and 8 pm from mar-aug for the wife and kids to see. my main feed station is in a 16 panel pen with water, protein, cotton seed, mineral lick and corn feeder that goes off at 7 am and 7 pm.

in august I change them to go off at sunrise on the one furthest east and then stagger them by 20 min each heading west. ill adjust the times every 3 weeks during the season and hunt the trails between the feeders.

Comment

Thanks for the great info. I’ll adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
            X