No announcement yet.

Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2,200 pounds a month since February, once we fill up next week we'll be at 15,400 lbs for the year.

Comment

I’m lucky to go through 600 lbs a month lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        2,200 pounds a month since February, once we fill up next week we'll be at 15,400 lbs for the year.
        Childs play

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
          Childs play
          That's all they eat, feeders never run dry

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

That's all they eat, feeders never run dry

Ha! Let me sell you some of mine. They will teach your deer how to eat. Will wreck the neighborhood.

I'm feeding about 5 tons month here in La.

Comment

I use buck ration. They hammered it last month but seems it’s slowed the last couple of weeks for me also

Comment

Ha! Let me sell you some of mine. They will teach your deer how to eat. Will wreck the neighborhood.

I'm feeding about 5 tons month here in La.
                This is only their 3rd year to be on supplemental feed... probably why. Feed consumption increases every year. 11 stations on a little over 3k acres, so they're distributed correctly.

Comment

This is only their 3rd year to be on supplemental feed... probably why. Feed consumption increases every year. 11 stations on a little over 3k acres, so they're distributed correctly.

As you know this should be the year you start to see some benefits and the curve increases sharply for the next few years as you have a group of cohorts that have been on protein their whole life maturing. We have been feeding in Mexico for 22 years and still see general improvements.

Comment

As you know this should be the year you start to see some benefits and the curve increases sharply for the next few years as you have a group of cohorts that have been on protein their whole life maturing. We have been feeding in Mexico for 22 years and still see general improvements.
                    Yes sir, exactly what I told my guys. But I'm actually more excited about years 4 and 5 coming up. At that point we'll have some mature deer that have been on protien the majority of their lives. That, in my opinion is a game changer.

Comment

5,000 lbs plus about 1,000 cottenseed on 100 acres. Free range. Started feeding in February. Didn’t star eating good till late April/may

Comment

5 metric tons (2200 lbs per ton, so 11,000 lbs) of protein a month. From January to now, we have fed 35 metric tons to date, not including cotton seed (another 10 tons or so of seed). Fixing to put out cameras, so we will see what kind condition our deer are in. We are dealing with a Bit of a drought at our place, so I anticipate the protein hogs to pop this year, the reclusive deer to be down, and the overall herd to be a bit down, but time will tell.

Comment

Had to look up the feed bills and do the math: we have fed 105k pounds YTD...

Comment

I'm almost afraid to carry new bags in the woods as fast as they are eating it!! We can't hardly keep up.

Comment

When persimmons are ripe they stop eating protein on all of my places

Comment

My deer have been hammering the protein night and day. Can barely keep up with filling feeder. Thinking about switching to a mix or milo to try to slow down the $$$

Comment

Working...
                                X