No announcement yet.

Spring Food plots, getting ready.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty good stand at the house already! I love this thread and seeing everyone else’s hard work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all are ahead of me. I need to be planting now but I’m going turkey hunting this week, come hell or high water.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Pretty good stand at the house already! I love this thread and seeing everyone else’s hard work

Is that peas? They looking good

Comment

I should have planted rice, supposed to get bad weather all week here.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Two weeks since I planted. It's starting to sprout and the deer are curious

AC where is the latest picture of your plot?

Comment

Got one plot planted into Eagle soybeans last week before the rain. This was a winter grain plot that I didn’t get a chance to spray before planting.... hopefully I can spray it in a few weeks to take care of everything but the beans

Planted a field of Durana clover, chicory, and rye last fall that is looking pretty good:

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Is that peas? They looking good

Iron clay cowpeas and Sunn hemp. We planted 50#’s of okra in our other plots, I wish I could have got some in on this one but we planted it before the okra seed was in.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Y’all are ahead of me. I need to be planting now but I’m going turkey hunting this week, come hell or high water.
                    And I thought I was the last to plant

Got mine in today

Mix of IC peas and black oil sunflowers

Now just hope the wet ground don't rot the seed

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      And I thought I was the last to plant

Got mine in today

Mix of IC peas and black oil sunflowers

Now just hope the wet ground don't rot the seed
                      You still ain't the last ! I have buckwheat coming up in a couple plots that are my friends' plots, but I've yet to plant our peas. I poured out five inches from our rain gauge yesterday when I took this picture of the buckwheat. Maybe toward the last of next week......
                      Attached Files

Comment

Got this one at home.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thats a cool pic!
                          I've still got 2 pea fields to plant plus a bag of vetch. Wont be happening for a while

Comment

Great fawn pic. Peas are coming up. Soybeans or sunflowers that were broadcast are trying to get up through the wheat stalks.

Comment

I still have one small plot that plowed I need to plant a soybeanmix in.
                              Not noticing any browse on any new growth yet but everything is so green and lush there is. Ton to eat not to mention the plums and dewberry thy are getting ripe.

Comment

Im not seeing any sign of deer hitting our plots yet either. I assume its new to them, as we’ve never planted before, and its so green they just dont need the extra browse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X