No announcement yet.

Letting one walk....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir what a giant I hope you can get him this year. looking forward to some LDPs .

Comment

Wow, I just officially got excited for hunting season. I can’t wait to see him finish out

Comment

Very impressive buck!

Comment

Good luck! Beautiful deer.

Comment

What a freaking giant. I think he will finish in the 190’s. Good luck that’s the deer of many lifetimes

Comment

After all these years of looking at big deer on here I never would have thought we would see a deer like this. And grow this freaking big

I am still in awe every time I look at pictures. I would love to be the one to harvest him, but I know there are others on the lease. And they might get him. Trying to be realistic.....

The progress that we have made over the last 10 years is nothing short of amazing. We got our harvest under control and have let bucks get mature. For example this is a deer I killed on the lease in about 2006. First buck I killed on there and everyone kept telling me how nice and big this deer was

It takes a lot of restraint to get where we are at now and feel blessed that we have been able to improve the quality of deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys have a once in a lifetime buck right there. Best of luck to you getting him. Do you bowhunt? Do others on your lease bowhunt? Does your lease allow bowhunting during bowseason? If you don't bowhunt and your lease allows for it..........may be time to start. Best of luck and I can't wait to see LDPs!

Comment

Now seeing him this year, makes it worth passing on him..... As long as you shoot him lol...

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    You guys have a once in a lifetime buck right there. Best of luck to you getting him. Do you bowhunt? Do others on your lease bowhunt? Does your lease allow bowhunting during bowseason? If you don't bowhunt and your lease allows for it..........may be time to start. Best of luck and I can't wait to see LDPs!
                    Our hunting contract is for rifle season, so I can't get out there and stick him. If I could I would be sweating my you know what off come Oct 1.

Last year he didn't appear until the week of thanksgiving, so I am not sure he would even show up during bow season. The next couple months are going to drag by. We put cameras back on the corn feeders where he was last fall to see if he was there. Also dumped a bag of cotton seed out at one feeder since he appears to like cotton seed more than corn

Comment

Giant on the making!! Beautiful!

Comment

That's a ridiculous deer!

Goodluck chasing him this year!

Comment

Yea only an Aggie PhD would let that deer walk lol

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                            Our hunting contract is for rifle season, so I can't get out there and stick him. If I could I would be sweating my you know what off come Oct 1.

Last year he didn't appear until the week of thanksgiving, so I am not sure he would even show up during bow season. The next couple months are going to drag by. We put cameras back on the corn feeders where he was last fall to see if he was there. Also dumped a bag of cotton seed out at one feeder since he appears to like cotton seed more than corn
                            I gotcha. I don't know what to tell you. That is one to lose sleep over, haha. He doesn't look remotely close to finished either......those tines are going to be long! I really hope you get him. If he walked out 6-8 miles north of you guys on our place, I would s*** my britches and fall out of the tree. We haven't seen a native buck within 40" of that deer!

Comment

Wow! What an awesome deer

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                                I gotcha. I don't know what to tell you. That is one to lose sleep over, haha. He doesn't look remotely close to finished either......those tines are going to be long! I really hope you get him. If he walked out 6-8 miles north of you guys on our place, I would s*** my britches and fall out of the tree. We haven't seen a native buck within 40" of that deer!

I find myself thinking about this deer a couple times a day. If I didn’t know this deer I would think he got out of a fence.....
                                He is definitely a once in a lifetime deer. I just hope he is my deer of a lifetime [emoji23]

I look at pictures and still can’t believe how big this guy is .... and hopefully growing

Luckily I hunt in a box blind so I can’t fall out when/if I see him. Gonna have to practice some controlled breathing for a couple months just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X