No announcement yet.

Corn/Soybean Mix Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bro farms both corn and soybeans...I get all I want free.. Tried several diff leases..Tried to feed a 50/50 mix...They eat all corn and leave Soybeans..first rain beans sprout and grow.....

I hear Roasted Soybeans work OK...but there not free...so never tried...

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
      It can be beneficial for the attraction but nothing long lasting for protein for the deer. The roasted soybeans have a sweet smell to them.
      Originally posted by cva34 View Post
      My bro farms both corn and soybeans...I get all I want free.. Tried several diff leases..Tried to feed a 50/50 mix...They eat all corn and leave Soybeans..first rain beans sprout and grow.....

I hear Roasted Soybeans work OK...but there not free...so never tried...
      So, basically plain ol corn is best?

Comment

How about doing a search on protein? Not all proteins are the same and depending on the time of year anything over 16% does not get absorbed by the deer. If you want to increase the deer with a supplement why not feed a good protein for deer, (not sheep, donkeys, etc....). There is a difference in proteins being fed to different animals, minerals play a important part of protein feeds. Feed protein from January through August free range, le the deer eat when they want it and get as much as they need.
        If you are doing anything else you are wasting money but getting your ego satisfaction.

Comment

They have pretty much any combo of feed you can think of and a lot of feed stores carry them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
            How about doing a search on protein? Not all proteins are the same and depending on the time of year anything over 16% does not get absorbed by the deer. If you want to increase the deer with a supplement why not feed a good protein for deer, (not sheep, donkeys, etc....). There is a difference in proteins being fed to different animals, minerals play a important part of protein feeds. Feed protein from January through August free range, le the deer eat when they want it and get as much as they need.
            If you are doing anything else you are wasting money but getting your ego satisfaction.
            Why would you not feed protein year around?

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
              So, basically plain ol corn is best?
              If you are just throwing it as hand corn, then yes simply going with corn will do the trick.

Comment

Working...
              X