Mldp ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonehunts View Post
    Yes and Yes. It allows us to control our doe population and cull inferior bucks BEFORE they reproduce. Honestly, it's an early season tool for us and used less on the tail end of the season for the reason I stated above.
    ^^^This. We don't really use the extra month for late season. Also, this probably goes less for folks on this site--but you can start gun hunting when bow season opens. Again, this helps mostly as an early season tool to get your doe and culls before the rut begins.

Comment

We have 11,000 acres in east Texas and mld has helped us a lot. Allows us to control the buck to doe ratio as well as shoot inferior bucks and our doe before rifle season opens.
      We typically do not hunt much in January and February but do use the extended rifle season during October for those that don’t bow hunt.

If you have the ability to get on mld i would as working hand in hand with the biologist is a benifit.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
        It has been worth it to me. It allows me to take out bucks that I don't want breeding before the rut. It also allows for the taking on some inferior bucks that might live because of the ar regulations. I also try to take my does before the rut, it means that I won't be shooting a doe that was bred to a good buck.
        X2

Comment

Very beneficial to me especially on Mule Deer. The regular MD season was over before the rut started. Now I get to hunt during the rut when the mature deer are active. Whitetail is more beneficial for the doe tags we get. Helps us keep our ratio in balance.

Comment

We use MLD with the "Harvest option", otherwise we could not kill any antlerless deer in the counties that I regularly hunt. It is so simple now that nothing other than going on TPWL website and getting the tags is required.

With the "harvest option", it does not provide, in our case, any buck harvest by special tag; all bucks have to meet normal county regulations and use regular license tags.

Comment

I was on it 2 years until they went to the new conservation/harvest option. They offered me a crazy-low number of tags so I opted out last year. YMMV

Comment

Working...
              X