No announcement yet.

new lease and choices to let walk or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, if you plan to start protein program that buck will jump 10 plus inches next year. Guess it all depends on how serious yalls group is growing big bucks.

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
    so your saying that I should let this 4.5-5 year old walk ??

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      Yes, if you plan to start protein program that buck will jump 10 plus inches next year. Guess it all depends on how serious yalls group is growing big bucks.
      That's not always a guarantee. He may have already reached his prime and going downhill. No way to tell without previous pics. Being on a new place if it was me I would manage my older bucks that I want to stay and breed and take out those I don't. Let the protein benefit the young up and comers more than anything. This buck is 5+ easily and possibly older. No telling. Slick 8 and a good one at that. Take him out and start managing the 2-3 yr olds in hopes for bigger deer in 2-3 yrs!

Comment

Listen to this guy, he knows his stuff. We got on a new place last year and passed on all deer, more of less getting a count. Started cotton seed feeding ad they all exploded...but this is west texas area.

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        That's not always a guarantee. He may have already reached his prime and going downhill. No way to tell without previous pics. Being on a new place if it was me I would manage my older bucks that I want to stay and breed and take out those I don't. Let the protein benefit the young up and comers more than anything. This buck is 5+ easily and possibly older. No telling. Slick 8 and a good one at that. Take him out and start managing the 2-3 yr olds in hopes for bigger deer in 2-3 yrs!

Comment

I say if you like him, let the air out.

Comment

I'm just saying growth in inches isn't always a guarantee. I've got a buck that was mid 130s last year. I passed on him 3 times and he made it through the season. He is now 5+ and actually went from a 9pt last season to an 8lt this season. Now a 7pt because the stupid thing broke his G2 off in velvet growth. He probably won't make P&Y but I'm chasing him due to his age and history I have with him. Been feeding protein ever since I have lived here. Bucks mainly gain mass and a few body pounds!

Comment

I see a 2018 trophy and a 2020/21 trophy.

Comment

I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot that buck with my bow. Looks like a nice 8 to me, and if I put myself on a decent deer while bow hunting, I’m shooting. I may never get him close enough for a shot again.

Now, if he’s strolling up to that feeder every day and you have a stand there, you ought to have a lot more time to consider it.

Comment

Choot im!

Comment

need more pics of the quality of bucks around.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      will dig around the card update or should I say over wrote I will have to dig around on the spartan page there is the smaller one you see and 4-5 very small rack bucks running around .. Again first year on lease so who knows what is really out there RUT should be fun to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Comment

high 130's

Comment

Working...
                          X