Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Dreaming of food plots and equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mousehunter View Post
    2 passes of chain harrow and overlapping erasure. Hopefully a good kill. Seed guy is semi honest. Problem with dove is to get the seeds to break at the right time you have to plant late, but planting late is a huge gamble on rain. So figure I have a 1:3 chance.
    This year will be the first time I've lost a spring crop. Right after I planted, I got a pretty good rain. Nothing since. Between the lack of growth, the deer, and hogs, I'm done for this spring. I probably spent $1500 all told on seed, fertilizer, fuel, etc. I'm just glad my grocery bill doesn't depend on my farming.

Comment

Just got tired of wanting tractor

I wanted a tractor my entire life, so even though I really did not need one, (only own 3 acres), I said screw it. I went and bough a Kubota L2501 and can I say it is AWSOME!!!! Just do it.

Comment

Or go buy my cheap one in classifieds!

Comment

Well If I where in your position I think I would get in touch with a few local farmers . They have the gear and many would do what you need for low cost.

Then you can take your time and get your gear fixed . and if its never been planted plowing will do wonders . late in the season for it but plow disc and plant and you could have some something nice by fall . Re seed in spring .

Maybe work out a deal with same farmer if he sprays as well .. Food plot or growing winter wheat all the same .

have you done any soil testing yet ?? you may find that you to make some changes there as well .. thats a very nice size for sure

Comment

Working...
          X