Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Passed him up opening day! Help with age and score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
    That could be a special buck in the making there. I'm seeing 4.5 as well. Great looking buck though!
    Agree

Comment

Well I have passed him up three different times now. It keeps getting harder, but I have had this one come by but the 11 pt will not let him come in. Still early on the new place but liking what I am seeing. Any guesses on age of this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
          Cause you’ll never kill a 150-160 class buck if you shoot em when they’re 130-140. That buck has the potential explode next year.
          I understand all that, but! When given the oppurtunity, thou must seize it!

Comment

Originally posted by deerkiller View Post
            Well I have passed him up three different times now. It keeps getting harder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I have a buck exactly like this...each time I pass him, get harder to let him walk. But I know he will get better next year,...and...I have a bigger buck on camera than him.

Good luck! Nice pictures btw.

Comment

I think both are 4.5

Comment

I think you made the right call but that's just me. Good luck this year and the years to come.

Comment

That's a great picture!

Comment

Good looking buck. Big summer body, short curvy nose , somewhere around 5 years.
                    Deer in my area never get this big. He would had an arrow in him.

Comment

Great pass you will really like him in 3 yrs, he is 3.5

Comment

5.5, nose is getting short.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                          We have 360 in Oklahoma surrounded by small places that some of the locals have told me they shoot 5 young buck s a year each. But we have only shot one buck on it in the last 5 yrs. and every year we have at least 1-2 mature shooters to hunt. It's all about self control.
                          It is about self control for sure, but most have the attitude if i don't shoot it someone else will. unfortunately.

Comment

He gone!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeltonLaw View Post
                              Love that forked 2 on his left side and the little crab claw on the right beam. Great looking deer! I think he is either a healthy 3.5 y.o. or a 4.5 y.o. Second picture makes him look a little more 4.5, but other two pictures make him look more 3.5 to me.
                              My first thoughts as well. Looks a little too sleek for any older than 4.5 to me...
                              Could be super special next year or even 2 more years. Beast!

Comment

However old he is, you have a beautiful place to hunt with some really good bucks.

Congrats on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X