School me on owning Black bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
    Are there any exotics that I can keep in with 5 strand?
    There is a ranch/farm east of 6 on Rock Prairie road that I have seen (if i remember correctly) blackbuck and addax behind a net wire fence with one or two strands of barbed wire above the net wire, so maybe ~52" fence height. Its on the North side of Rock Prairie.

Comment

coyotes crave them!

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
        There is a ranch/farm east of 6 on Rock Prairie road that I have seen (if i remember correctly) blackbuck and addax behind a net wire fence with one or two strands of barbed wire above the net wire, so maybe ~52" fence height. Its on the North side of Rock Prairie.

Yea, I'm familiar with the place. And you are correct, net fence with barb along the top

Comment

They can be mean little bastages as well and will poke holes with them horns. Hope they get along with the cows.

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
            Yep there's a bunch of them in there but they don't get pressured, might be some blackbuck also but I can remember.

They'll stay in the fence as long as nothing pressures them to get out of it then they will.

As for oryx, they won't jump a fence, but they'll darn sure run through one or under one when they have enough pressure on them, I've witnessed it several times when catching them

Comment

Where do you live? Just want to go ahead and get my stand set up for future use.

Comment

Working...
              X