Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score

What does Captain Hook score? He is a 5 yr old this year, a left, front foot injury held him back some from last season rut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like to be around 140-142. Did he have hoof/foot rot?

Comment

My addition came up to 143. A little more mass would do alot for that buck....

Comment

I have a hard time getting him out of the 130's, 138?

Comment

I'm leaning toward upper 130's. Like 138.

Comment

This was him last year. I too am in the 138-143 range on him. He's a pretty deer, he looks bigger in some pics this year and I got to thinking it'll be tough to pass him with a bow. I'd really like to see him get 1 more year and hopefully rebound

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
              Looks like to be around 140-142. Did he have hoof/foot rot?

I inlcuded a pic. He could have had hoof rot, I have lots of bucks with injured feet every year it seems like? I killed an 8 late season with my bow that looked just like his foot the year before

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

This was him last year. I too am in the 138-143 range on him. He's a pretty deer, he looks bigger in some pics this year and I got to thinking it'll be tough to pass him with a bow. I'd really like to see him get 1 more year and hopefully rebound

From the pictures you've posted of 4yo's. I think you'll have plenty of good deer next year if you end up shooting this buck. But then again, he could really blow up next year. Either way, good luck getting close. Sometimes just knowing you could have shot him is good enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

140-145

Comment

That looks more like hoof/foot rot. Some areas get it really bad and mainly buck when it does start. I had 2 bucks here in Goliad County get it 2 yrs ago in late December after the rut. I never saw either one again after they got it.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                      That looks more like hoof/foot rot. Some areas get it really bad and mainly buck when it does start. I had 2 bucks here in Goliad County get it 2 yrs ago in late December after the rut. I never saw either one again after they got it.

Yeah I'm surprised he did as well this year considering. He lost his horns in January and looked BAD. The 8 point I shot 2 years ago, took 2 steps and fell over dead after I shot him. He wouldn't have made it through the winter.

Comment

Yeah I'm surprised he did as well this year considering. He lost his horns in January and looked BAD. The 8 point I shot 2 years ago, took 2 steps and fell over dead after I shot him. He wouldn't have made it through the winter.

I have seen bucks that got in a front and rear leg that could not move well get killed in the rut or die from not being able to eat/travel well. Seen one buck get it in 3 hooves and died close to a protein feeder. It is a sad sight to see when a buck is still trying to rut but can't hardly walk. Bucks get a lot of cuts and nicks from fighting during the rut and more susceptible to getting it from what I was told by a veterinarian. Their feet/hooves/lower legs take a pounding when fighting.
                        This buck did very well if he had foot/hoof rot. Most don't do that well IME.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                          From the pictures you've posted of 4yo's. I think you'll have plenty of good deer next year if you end up shooting this buck. But then again, he could really blow up next year. Either way, good luck getting close. Sometimes just knowing you could have shot him is good enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I probably won't shoot him unless he just blows me away in person with my bow in hand. I got some other ones im waiting to show.

Comment

I have him in the low 140s

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X