• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Lespedeza (probably spelled wrong) got him butterball fat
    enjoy the pics

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

He wont score much. he does have some kickers off his brows. Bases are really heavy but you are right, he doesnt carry mass very well. Score isnt a determining factor in whether i let someone kill him though. I have much higher scoring deer to hunt myself.
      My reason for posting this is to get opinions on age and whether folks think he should be hitlisted if they got these pics on their place. aging deer this time of year is really hard for me. Lots of folks can do so with pretty good confidence. Not me..
      Just because they have confidence doesn’t mean they are right Steve. When tooth aging and jawbone aging are only 50%/60% right, ageing on the hoof is just a SWAG unless you have history with them. As far as a shooter, he is on my place because I rarely get to see the same bucks three years in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        That Lespedeza (probably spelled wrong) got him butterball fat
        enjoy the pics
        Yep. On a super drought year. His horns are a little better this year than last year.

Comment

Crazy. How old is he in alligator years. 106?

Comment

I fully support the idea that there's a lot of deer out there that are older than most think. And I think tooth aging is pretty bunk.

BUT, I can also show you deer still walking around that Ive already killed. Some of them just look like they came out of the same exact mold.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
              I fully support the idea that there's a lot of deer out there that are older than most think. And I think tooth aging is pretty bunk.

BUT, I can also show you deer still walking around that Ive already killed. Some of them just look like they came out of the same exact mold.
              I can appreciate what you are saying. However, in thus case there are unmistakable characteristics. Yall see a couple pics, I see thousands of pics and watch the deer.

Comment

6+

Comment

4 maybe even 3. no sag in back or belly and thin neck.

Comment

Originally posted by deerdynasty View Post
                    4 maybe even 3. no sag in back or belly and thin neck.
                    Sounds like you know your deer. You pretty sure,

Comment

Working...
                    X