Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Late doe and spike season is good for MLD 1 also
    But only if the county has a late doe and spike season.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
      Interesting, we've been on level 1 for 6 years now. I might have to look into this.
      I believe to move up to MLD 2 or 3 you need to provide a minimum number of years (not sure how many) of harvest data and increase the number of practices. If you are already doing that, it shouldn't be too hard.

Comment

But only if the county has a late doe and spike season.
        That is true

Comment

Starting 2017, TPWD will have 2 options for MLD. "Harvest Option" or "Conservation Option".

"Harvest" option, for whitetail only, will require landowner, or designated agent, to go online, complete form, and outline property boundary on a Google map kind of thing. The website will then propose a non-negotiable number of MLD buck and doe tags for that property. Landowner may choose to accept buck tags only, doe tags only, or both. If accepted, all deer killed must be tagged with MLD tag, thus, limiting harvest on that property dependent on the number of tags accepted and issued. Print your own tags. Antlerless season: Saturday closest to Sep 30 through last day of Feb by any legal means. Buck season: Archery only (except spike by firearm) Saturday closest to Sep 30 for 35 consecutive days. Any lawful means first Saturday in Nov through last day of Feb. Deadline to apply Sep 1.

"Conservation Option", for whitetail and mule deer, requires TPWD approved management plan, 2 preceeding years of site specific population data, harvest numbers, and implementation of 2 habitat mgt practices. Harvest recommendation and MLD tags tailored. Online reporting, annually, of harvest AND habitat mgt practices implemented (minimum of 3). Landowner can choose to accept tags for doe only or buck and doe. Season: Buck and Antlerless Saturday closest to Sep 30 through last day of Feb by any legal means.

Thats just the nutshell, holler at your areas TPWD Technical Guidance Biologist for details.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
            Starting 2017, TPWD will have 2 options for MLD. "Harvest Option" or "Conservation Option".

"Harvest" option, for whitetail only, will require landowner, or designated agent, to go online, complete form, and outline property boundary on a Google map kind of thing. The website will then propose a non-negotiable number of MLD buck and doe tags for that property. Landowner may choose to accept buck tags only, doe tags only, or both. If accepted, all deer killed must be tagged with MLD tag, thus, limiting harvest on that property dependent on the number of tags accepted and issued. Print your own tags. Antlerless season: Saturday closest to Sep 30 through last day of Feb by any legal means. Buck season: Archery only (except spike by firearm) Saturday closest to Sep 30 for 35 consecutive days. Any lawful means first Saturday in Nov through last day of Feb. Deadline to apply Sep 1.

"Conservation Option", for whitetail and mule deer, requires TPWD approved management plan, 2 preceeding years of site specific population data, harvest numbers, and implementation of 2 habitat mgt practices. Harvest recommendation and MLD tags tailored. Online reporting, annually, of harvest AND habitat mgt practices implemented (minimum of 3). Landowner can choose to accept tags for doe only or buck and doe. Season: Buck and Antlerless Saturday closest to Sep 30 through last day of Feb by any legal means.

Thats just the nutshell, holler at your areas TPWD Technical Guidance Biologist for details.
            If this is true that means if we're currently MLD 1 we'll have to chose one of these 2 options? Where are you finding the info? I like the fact that either option allows you to hunt through Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post

I like the fact that you can chose doe or buck only tags. I think I lke the Conservation Option but need more info.

Comment

If this is true that means if we're currently MLD 1 we'll have to chose one of these 2 options? Where are you finding the info? I like the fact that either option allows you to hunt through Feb.

Comment

If you want the extended season and agree/accept MLD tags, then yes, these will be the only 2 options for MLD. If you don't accept, then your just back to county regulations.

Comment

I'm so used to MLD 3 I haven't really looked at this in a while. I do like having the 2 options though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X