X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mam that sucks. I was looking forward to that a Coyote being there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a cat, probably wild house cat or small bob, got the bait out of this coon set.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20170127_090825.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	24482026

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170127_090846.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	24482027

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
        Mam that sucks. I was looking forward to that a Coyote being there

I'm just glad I didn't catch that calf. That wide jaw spread on the number four would definitely fit on his leg. Possibly even held him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
          Well, so much for keeping cattle out of a set. Clearly it is not the case here.

[ATTACH]837959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]837960[/ATTACH]

Did they mess up the trap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just glad I didn't catch that calf. That wide jaw spread on the number four would definitely fit on his leg. Possibly even held him.
            If it's staked down it won't hold but drag yes. I caught several in #4 newhouse. That alot of fun lol. Especially when mama is there

Comment

Nothing in any of the other sets.
              I've got two dead does I need to take care of though. I'm having to pull traps and head back to Llano. That is probably my biggest problem with no catches. No soak time on the traps.
              If I can just get more accurate on trap placement, I would have more catches. I get lots of first and second night visits.

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
                Did they mess up the trap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                No

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                  If it's staked down it won't hold but drag yes. I caught several in #4 newhouse. That alot of fun lol. Especially when mama is there

It was tied off with a ten-foot chain.

Comment

Just a few notes for myself and whoever may be interested:
                    The male coyote was caught on Mark June Widowmaker paste bait with bobcat gland lure on the backing of the hole. The female was caught on Mark June Widowmaker paste bait with Caven's Violator 7 on the backing of the hole. The flat set with all the kickback and exposed jaw is where I applied a little extra to the set. I put some cat gland on the dog dropping after the coyote visited the set the first night.
                    It certainly looks like I got a stronger reaction with the cat gland lure than I did with just the droppings and coyote urine.

Comment

Just a few notes for myself and whoever may be interested:
                      The male coyote was caught on Mark June Widowmaker paste bait with bobcat gland lure on the backing of the hole. The female was caught on Mark June Widowmaker paste bait with Caven's Violator 7 on the backing of the hole. The flat set with all the kickback and exposed jaw is where I applied a little extra to the set. I put some cat gland on the dog dropping after the coyote visited the set the first night.
                      It certainly looks like I got a stronger reaction with the cat gland lure than I did with just the droppings and coyote urine.
                      It's funny I used to catch more coyotes on cat urine then coyote kinda weird.

Comment

I have another coyote near my boys goats. We were about to move them to a new pen last night and when we were checking the fences I found a varmint hole going underneath the concrete for one of the fence poles. There were lots of coyote tracks around the hole. It looked like the coyote has been checking the hole for a while trying to catch whatever lives there.

I am not sure what lives there, my luck it is a skunk. I found what I thought was the varmint's trail and what looked like the coyote's trail. I put a flat trap to the side where the coyote has been stepping and digging at the varmint hole.

Is there a better way to approach this? I am not using any bait, just the varmint hole he has been frequenting.

Comment

I checked this trap last night and it was set and had a little fur in it. The fur looked like rabbit. There wasn't any blood or a rabbit around. It is an offset jaw, so maybe he just walked away.

Comment

What trap are you using?

Comment

great stuff. I've been wanting to get into trapping for the last couple years and think I am finally ready to go for it. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdiver View Post
                                great stuff. I've been wanting to get into trapping for the last couple years and think I am finally ready to go for it. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
                                Patience and observation.

Comment

Working...
                                X