Deer Age (Trail Camera Pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Age (Trail Camera Pictures)

Any guesses on the age of these three deer? All pictures were from this past Friday morning. I cropped the pictures since the deer were fairly far away from the camera.

P.S. I hunt in eastern Gonzales County.
    Last edited by JMKro; 11-05-2017, 12:19 PM.

My guess would be... But with only one pic of each its kinda tough.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
      My guess would be... But with only one pic of each its kinda tough.

I guessed the same ages

Comment

I'm gonna say
        4.5,3.5,4.5. Unless I'm missing something on buck number two I just don't seem him as a 5.5 year old

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
          I'm gonna say
          4.5,3.5,4.5. Unless I'm missing something on buck number two I just don't seem him as a 5.5 year old
          What makes you think the last deer is older than the middle deer? Just curious where our differences are...

Comment

Filled out chest looks like a little loose skin under his jaw. Not much just something I noticed. Seems to have a little more muscle down his legs. Buck number two doesn't really looked filled out. Legs seem skinny and long. He does seem to have a little grey to him but I'm not sure that's not just his coloring. Maybe the OP has history with him and can help us out.

Comment

Filled out chest looks like a little loose skin under his jaw. Not much just something I noticed. Seems to have a little more muscle down his legs. Buck number two doesn't really looked filled out. Legs seem skinny and long. He does seem to have a little grey to him but I'm not sure that's not just his coloring. Maybe the OP has history with him and can help us out.
              No prior history with Buck #2, but here are some trail camera pictures from last year of Buck #3.

Comment

I think its just the lighting that has us thinking differently.. Thats why its more difficult on one picture.. I'm going to stick with my guns though after seeing the new pics of the third deer.

Comment

And I will change mine to deer number three being 3.5 this year. Wow that's going to be a monster in a few years.

Comment

And I will change mine to deer number three being 3.5 this year. Wow that's going to be a monster in a few years.
                    If Buck #3 can make it through this deer season my plan is to take him next year. We don't see many 10 pointers and/or deer with decent brow tines, and he has both. Plus, our place is only 46 acres and people hunt on the surrounding properties.

Comment

Here's another picture of Deer #3. My Dad took this picture from his stand last year.

Comment

I cant get any of them over 4.5

I would pass them all 1 more year

Comment

Working...
                        X