Planted yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planted yesterday

I'm in leon county. Got 150 lbs per acre spread before this rain.
    Spread seed then only 100 lbs/acre 15-5-10 before I covered both
    Planted buck forage oats, wheat and elbon rye.
    were lightly disked in 2 very grassy plots. Used chain link (8' piece) attached to an angle iron in front and a 5' inch wood post for weight on the back. Angle iron was attached with a chain behind the tractor.
    Third plot was poisoned and one month later broadcast seeds and fertilizered before shredding the dead grass into thatch.
    Put some cages out to monitor growth.
    One small area was not poisoned and then knee-high green grass was mowed over it.
    This was all different that past years where I tried to disk until I had a clean flat seed bed.
    FYI: thatched plot is hog proof.
    I am excited to see the results of each plot. Soil has been traditionally good for plots. Sandy loam but grass growth in the fertile plots is better than any year I can remember.

Sweet! Post up some pics of you have any.

Comment

We planted several yesterday in Lovelady using buck forage and winter wheat. Rain chances diminished. Hope the seed makes it!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by HoustonHunter; 09-25-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Sounds good, did the same yesterday in really good soil with lots of moisture. Their calling for rain today and tomorrow.

Comment

I shredded 6 acres last week and this past Friday I disc with the gangs angled and then disc once again with the gangs straight. I bought Buck Buffet from Lyssy and Eckel in Poth. Recommended seeding was 65 pounds per acre, 1 bag was 65 pounds and cost 37.00.
          Broadcasted then drag harrowed yesterday, we got rain today. With the thatch from shredding, I hope it keeps the ground moist and the hogs away.

Comment

What's in the buck buffet?

Comment

Sbobet login merupakan link daftar judi bola resmi terbesar didunia sekarang para bettor bisa akses live chat sbobet 24 jam nonstop main taruhan judi bola euro 2024.

Kind - Variety
              Oats - Tamo 411
              Wheat - Fannin
              Triticale - Tamscale 5019
              Winter Pea - Whistler

I am new to the forum and not sure how to post pics yet or I would have shown a pic of the seed tag from bag.
              Never used any herbicide but in the spring I will have to because there is patches of coastal that will spread. My biologist told me not to use any in the fall. I have alot of Partridge peas this fall and was told that deer eat them as well as turkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                We planted several yesterday in Lovelady using buck forage and winter wheat. Rain chances diminished. Hope the seed makes it!
                Lovelady got some rain today!

Comment

I don't know how much, but we got a ton of rain today (Sunday).
                  Now if the army worms will leave us alone.
                  Deer and pigs really hammering the corn we spread along the road. Not season many Acornd yet, but persimmons had a bumper crop

Comment

I seen a new group of hogs coming thru on my trail cameras, totally different than the ones before.
                    They seem to be showing up at 7:00 pm at one of my penned in feeders. Their not able to get in but patrol the perimeter of the pen. I got to go get a few of them this next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                      Lovelady got some rain today!
                      I know. Praise Jesus!

Comment

Working...
                      X