neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neighbors

so heres a typical small property problem post but just seeing what i can do to maybe fix this. so i met two neighbors at my place in uvalde. both neighbors told me the people next to mine(25 acres) kill anything that walks out. they shot 8 deer last year 2 spike,2-4point,2-6point,2-8point. my neighbor claim they are a pain to deal with they only come out during season and they are deaf so they said its hard to communicate. i know its their property and can legally do what they want but just looking for some input

It probably wouldn't be too expensive to join together and high fence them.

Comment

High fence em out is about all you and your neighbors can do. We have a similar problem.

Comment

the ones i met are across the road, one place is high fenced(40 acres) the other is LF(100 acres) we have 45 and another next to us is 80acres. doing a high fence doesn't seem practical with how the property is laid out

Comment

Careful. Sometime those that point at others are the ones to watch out for

Comment

Being in the panhandle, i cant even fathom how broken up the land is down there. Ranches up here are in sections, not acres. It would be impossible to do much of anything up here on 25-100 acres UNLESS you have exceptional neighbors on every side.

Comment

bwssr i had the same thought. the only thing is these guy shot everyday they were out there and always had a bunch of people on their place and making noise. But the neighbor i spoke to did give me a weird feeling about his hunting situation as well

Comment

Wow. I would figure a way to high fence them. And I don't have a ton of money.
                and start a coop ASAP with the good neighbors.

BP
                Last edited by Big pig; 09-11-2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I'd encourage you to reach out as a new neighbor and start a discussion about a deer management co-op. Never hurts to meet the neighbors--and you never know how they will respond.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                    Careful. Sometime those that point at others are the ones to watch out for
                    This quote is worth giving some thought because if you just met them and they started in on the other neighbors I would at least proceed with caution. At least try reaching out to the ones they say are causing issues and make your own judgement. Good luck.

Comment

High fence. That kind of mentality by your neighbors not considering the deer population per acre and how to manage. If they were high fenced in, they would kill out everything. Instead they are effectively hunting g off all the surrounding property. Totally legal to shoot anything and everything bringing as many guest as they want. Talking to them would be equivalent convincing Killary Klinton to respect the laws of the United States. It isn't going to happen. High fence them out.

Comment

This is what scares me about buying in property as there is no way I can afford a big chunk of land.... It's hard to find smaller tracks in areas that aren't just large ranches which recently sold/inherited that are just getting fragmented out.

Comment

Not sure what you were expecting when getting on a 45 acre lease. Sounds like a place to get away and have fun but you will never be able to control anything on 45 acres.

Comment

I'd probably look to sell (maybe even at a loss) and chalk it up as a lesson learned if the hunting was the primary reason why you purchased.

Comment

I had a similar problem at our place. The owner was selling day hunts. I would imagine they harvest over 25 deer a year. I still own the land, but I don't bother hunting it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X