Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytime vs Nighttime TC pics

When do you run cameras? (Dates)

What's your estimate percentage of Day/Night pics?

I run cams year round just because it gives me something to look forward to and honestly I get almost as much enjoyment from checking them as I do hunting.
    Most years prob get 50/50 night vs day, but this year its been prob 80%-90% daytime pics. Except for hogs, they are almost all at night.

Comment

I usually put mine out late August or early September and leave them until December. I'd guess night and day pics are probably 50/50 right now. Early mornings and evenings are busy. Later in the season activity gets more nocturnal.

Comment

Free choice protein/cottonseed = more night than day

Corn feeders = more day than night

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          I usually put mine out late August or early September and leave them until December. I'd guess night and day pics are probably 50/50 right now. Early mornings and evenings are busy. Later in the season activity gets more nocturnal.
          I'll edit: My cameras aren't on bait, so this is just general movement

Comment

Run cameras all year except for sometimes a break from around April to July. 95% night time pics until November, and then it goes to probably 75% nighttime/25% daytime pics from Nov through end of season.

Comment

Year around.. East TX so it's only night picture of coarse. Yet somehow I always end up killing a buck during the day.

Comment

Run mine all year and I'm around 85% night time pics but that's because I feed twice at night in the off season for hogs and only about .5% of those pics are deer. About 50% of the day time pics are of deer. During deer season about 50% of the pics are at night and of those only about 10% are deer but about 80% of the daytime pics are of deer. Are deer rarely come to a feeder at night because we have so many hogs. The good news is during deer season our deer move a lot during daylight hours.

Comment

Hogs are mostly night time. Some dawn/dusk pictures.

Deer have been 75% daytime for me since about July.

Comment

When I ran mine it was about 9 months of the year. My deer were very much in sync with the temps. If it was hot, my pics were predominately at night, if it was cool, the pics were predominately during the day.

Comment

I start running cameras on Protein feeders around 1st of August until they shed their velvet then we move them all to corn feeders. Very Very few daylight pictures in August, it seems like the only daylight pics are when it rains or extremely overcast and cooler.

Comment

Working...
                      X