Corn Feeder Feeding Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn Feeder Feeding Times

What time are y'all setting your feeding times? I see that sunrise is at 7:22am and sunset is 7:57pm (according to weather.com). I was thinking of setting the times at 7am and 6pm. what are yalls thoughts?

Good question. Keep in mind you will have to factor in the time change soon.

Comment

7:15 and 6:30 right now

Comment

I start out at 7 & 7 then adjust as the year progresses to give me a feeding time just about civil twilight in the morning and 1 1/2 before civil twilight ends in the evening

Comment

I set mine for 7:30 am and 5:30 pm but I'm east of you and I don't get serious until the last week of October. I don't change the clock when the time changes in November, so then it will be 6:30 and 4:30. I can still sneak into my stand before the feeder goes off after work on most weekdays.

Comment

Depends on where you hunt. Those that have deer swarm the feeder at spin time will have deer hanging out in the brush as you are getting in your stand if you set them off at daylight. Learned that the hard way. Eight and five for me.

Comment

I have mine set for 630 and 4 right now

Comment

7 and 7 right now in the hill country

Comment

Time change doesn't matter if you never change the clock. I usually do 7 and 5:30 now and will usually bump it back :30 in am and up :30 in the pm as the days get shorter. I like the am to go off right when there is enough light see deer clearly and about 1.5-2 hrs before dark by about mid October.

Comment

6:45am and 4:45pm a few of my feeders might do a second spin for a few seconds an hour after first spin

Comment

Originally posted by TTORA View Post
                      7 and 7 right now in the hill country
                      X2

Comment

Feeder stays on dst.. 6:45, noon, and 3:45..

Comment

7 AM and 5 PM here

Comment

I keep mine around 20 minutes before sunrise and 1 hour before sunset

Comment

7am and 5:30pm

It will gradually get to be just right for opening day then I'll adjust as season goes on

Comment

Working...
                              X