Guys who hand corn only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys who hand corn only...

Those of you who don't use feeders do you actually go out and hand corn all year? I recently removed my feeder in East Texas and have had good results bringing in bigger animals Pig and Deer but I got to thinking about coming out every week to hand corn is gonna be a hassle. I will have food plots year round, but curious what you hand corners do in the off season.

The Redneck T-Post Feeder is the most versatile deer feeder on the market. With an 80lbs feed capacity and it's unique design allowing it to be mounted to a ...

I place a few of these out around my hand corn areas. They will keep deer in the areas until you get back to hand corn.

They work great with a protein or protein corn mix. Easy to fill and hold about 75# of feed.

Bring a 5 gal bucket of feed in with you on occasion and dump into it when done hunting.

I also hand corn around them. Deer hit them in no time.

Comment

Trust me I've tried them all this is the ticket!

Comment

Start right before season and every time you are at the property during season. I wouldn't make any trips just to hand corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR0FYqijloc

I place a few of these out around my hand corn areas. They will keep deer in the areas until you get back to hand corn.

They work great with a protein or protein corn mix. Easy to fill and hold about 75# of feed.

Bring a 5 gal bucket of feed in with you on occasion and dump into it when done hunting.

I also hand corn around them. Deer hit them in no time.
          I like that. Best looking tpost feeder I've seen.

Comment

It's a hassle no doubt. But I've literally never gotten a picture of a buck at the feeder on my wood county lease. Hand corn I've gotten to pattern bucks it's a complete advantage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you look closely at the zoomed in pic you can see corn dropping out when solenoid pulls in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hand corn only...when I use corn

Comment

I hunt feeders and hand corn spots. When I'm on property, I go dump a full bag of corn in the spot. Then ask my buddies to do it when they are there too. In the second full season, i typically get lots of game and mature bucks on it routinely. I generally leave a camera there all season long just to see what is cruising by.

Comment

I've been thinking about putting the feeder back up for my box blinds, but only hand corning at my bow hunting locations.

That may be the best way to do it due to the hogs. I could dump out 100lbs of corn every couple of weeks since I go out there quite a bit, but the pigs will just eat it all in a couple days if I do that. May be better to leave a feeder that throws in the morning only (Right now pigs only come at night 7:45PM and later) and then hand corn my bow spots a month or two before season starts.

Comment

I pour out 50 lb or so about once every 10 days, they can eat it in 3-4 but I found that if I only go in once every 2 weeks I see a lot more deer. I think it's due to less time walking around in the woods, getting human scent out, bumping deer etc.... I honesty don't know if that's the case but I have found that if I hand corn 10-14 in between, it's enough to keep them hanging around, and not so much that I'm down in there walking around all the time. During season, I try to plan my corn on my hunt days.

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                        I like that. Best looking tpost feeder I've seen.
                        They work great.

Comment

I use hand corn & feeders.

Comment

I have had decent luck with the handmade feeder tubes. Cost around $50 to build the 2 out of 4 inch pvc. They hold about 40 pounds each. I have used protein pellets, rice bran pellets and corn/soy beans in them.

Comment

I don't feed between Jan - Jul. They find it within a few days of starting in August and by October they can eat 100 lbs in a week

Comment

Working...
                              X