X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Here is a mature 6+ deer

Comment

Both pics full rut weight up first week of dec.

Comment

That last buck looks 7.5-8.5 to me. The other looks 4.5 just looks like a smaller type deer. Tough pic to judge though

I see that in mine sometimes where some just never get the size of the others.

Comment

Another reason that leads me to think 3 last year is the drought of 2011. Fawn survival that year was almost 0 on our place. As a result we had very few 4.5 year old deer last year. This could be a drought buck. To me it was pretty easy to tell the 3.5's from the 5.5's last year.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
              Another reason that leads me to think 3 last year is the drought of 2011. Fawn survival that year was almost 0 on our place. As a result we had very few 4.5 year old deer last year. This could be a drought buck. To me it was pretty easy to tell the 3.5's from the 5.5's last year.
              Ours were super low that year as well and easy to tell last year like you said. This year is a bit tough with all the 4.5yr old numbers back its making it hard to call some 5.5 that survived. Only reason I can is I recognize a couple

Comment

That deer is older than 4.5 this year I believe

Comment

That deer was a run down 5.5 last year IMO....The youngest I have him last year at is 4.5 without a doubt.

I say 6.5 now if I had to bet

Comment

Working...
                  X