Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

What do we do? He's 5. Hard to let him walk...but I want to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just emailed you my credit app. Let me know the terms. I'm in.

Comment

DMP with about 20 lady friends.

Comment

Incredible. Good luck. I don't blame you what ever you decide!!!

Comment

Lord have mercy!

Tough call, I would probably shoot him.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
            Yeah... But they didn't have 7 drops... Heheh

I've only ever seen 1 other native deer with this many legit drops (actually he had 8) and he was killed 32 years ago about a mile from where this buck lives.

I suspect he will push drops every year, but no idea if he will have this many... He's had drops on his right side for 2 years prior. This is the first year he has pushed them on his left.
            do you have pics of the old buck? cool to know!!

Comment

Personally I would ice that sucker and not think twice about it.

Comment

I love him. He sure may do better in the future but he is already a jackpot. May be time to kill that one. Or.... You could just give him to Tuco and he probably cant kill him anyway.

Comment

I don't let deer like that walk any further than the nearest clearing.

Comment

That's a monster.

Comment

Oh my! I'm pretty sure you already have your answer. If I were in your shoes, I would have to let him walk, but I would be keeping a close eye on him. That deer wouldn't be able to crap without me knowing about it. I wonder if you could get a discount from covert if you buy 1000 cameras in bulk

In all seriousness, he would be dead if he walked in front of me, but would walk if I were in your shoes.

Comment

If you have a reasonable expectation that your neighbors won't get him, and you are managing your herd pretty tight, I would be inclined to let him get to 6.5 next year. Or maybe even 7.5. Awesome buck, and good luck whatever you decide

Comment

Always a gamble but on your place I would let him walk....

-john

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Or.... You could just give him to Tuco and he probably cant kill him anyway.
                            Shots fired!!!

Comment

Is this the same buck you posted pictures of last year that made a big jump from 3 to 4 that had a few drops?

Comment

That's a tough one. Kill him, and someone gets the trophy of a lifetime. Let him walk, he could get even better, OR you could find him dead in the offseason. I don't know what I would do, since I've never had deer half that size, or had a management plan as strict as yours. He's a beautiful deer! Good luck on whatever you decide

Comment

Working...
                                X