Dog Proof Trap Anchors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Proof Trap Anchors

I did a search and found the thread above by Tuffbroadhead. Figure I should ask here. What is the length of the cable you like to use?

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
    http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=439902

I did a search and found the thread above by Tuffbroadhead. Figure I should ask here. What is the length of the cable you like to use?
    I use some longer ones, like 8-10 foot, which is good if you need to anchor to something far away. BUT, thats a lot of cable they will rap up in & get all kinds of tangled in trees & brush. I made these for my coyote & cat sets though. For just coons, I'd make them a lot shorter. Maybe 3-4 ft.

Comment

I just use the length of chain provided by the trap and attach it to my feeder legs with wire. Works fine! i just looked at the post and all that is not required. Just use some smooth wire to attach, they are not that strong! Just wrap it around A couple times.
      Last edited by Thegutman; 08-18-2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Wire, double wrapped and twisted tightly.

Comment

OP,
          I made those same anchors and its the way to go. Depending on what you plan to anchor to (large trees or feeder legs), I'd suggest using between 2' and 3' of wire per anchor.

Comment

I make them that way for simplicity and reliability when running a 100 mile trapline with 7 to 10 dozen traps speed of making sets is everything. All my DP sets are identical as fast, the nice thing is when you get set up to make them you can them not only make your own DP anchors, you can also make snares, wire trap stakes, drown lines , trap slide lines, ETC

In the long run its much more than just DP anchors.

Comment

Working...
            X