Deer shot with arrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer shot with arrow?

Do you think this deer was shot with an arrow? Just curious as I see two wounds.

Could've been a steep shot on the deer? Sounds plausible to me

Comment

Hard to tell,
      If that was the case, it was a STEEP angle shot

Comment

I was say yes

Comment

I say yes and the shooter has already posted here how he made a perfect shot and brand x Broadhead ain't worth shootiing and asking advice on what to try

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
            I say yes and the shooter has already posted here how he made a perfect shot and brand x Broadhead ain't worth shootiing and asking advice on what to try
            My first thought !

Comment

I will disagree and say no.

Comment

No that deer would be dead if that was an arrow

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                  No that deer would be dead if that was an arrow
                  Idk. That's back and if it would've hit anything, it would have been liver. Looks like a very steep shot and poor shot placement. Probably gave him a gastric bypass and that was it.

Comment

No......there is only missing hair on the side. The flesh is smooth and un touched. I don't believe an arrow could pass through on that trajectory and not kill that animal. It would live for a day but that's it. IMO

Comment

Id say possible. Shot a spike 2 years ago with about 6 inches of arrow and the tip of a rage 2 blade sticking out of his off side shoulder blade area. Looks like he was shot too high and entered below spine and "exited" off shoulder

Comment

Thanks for the imput. I just cannot pick out what deer it is from last year.

Comment

Must have hit the "void"

Could have been hit, maybe not. These animals are so resilient on recovery from a wound.

Comment

Why would a broadhead make 2" hole for an entrance, then a long slit for an exit? I dunno, but I'm gonna say he had a "hold my beer" moment at a fence crossing with the usual results.

Comment

Sure looks like it. That right side triangle is awful suspicious. However as another posted, that long slit it suspect. Maybe another buck or two stabbed him? Ground check.

Comment

Working...
                              X