Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Couple of Irion County Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of Irion County Bucks

This is the only pick of this buck that i have at this time. Hoping for more soon. 8 pt in the second is looking good, On the last pic, i pose a question, the genetics were OK on this buck last year, but as you can see from the picture he has broken his back foot. Now this is a injury/trauma to the body, not genetics. How does Green Screen feel about letting him breed?
    Attached Files

trail cams are like christmas presents

Comment

Very nice, Charles.

Im a fan of that first buck with the G3 forks and possibly a G5. That is a great buck.

We've seen bucks rebound from foot injuries like that last buck and turn into respectable bucks later on.

It's a toss up at times.

Comment

Thanks Brando, I cant keep up with you and the KingsX, so i am happy with being the joker out that way.. Looks like you are going to have great season.

Comment

Yell at us if you get him. We would love to see him.
          Or let us know if you ever need someone to take any LDPs for you. I really enjoy doing that.

Comment

I'd let the injured buck walk and see if he recovers.

Comment

That first buck is nice! Good luck getting him. I also would let the injured buck wall, he's young so see what happens. He might be fine next year (horn wise anyway)

Comment

Heck of a buck in the first picture! I don't see any need to kill the buck with the broke foot, surely you have some bucks with worse genetics than him.

Comment

Injury doesn't change the genetics. So that part would depend on what your management plan is on bucks.

What part of Irion we are up north.

Comment

That first buck is about as pretty as they come!

Comment

Charles if that broke foot buck had some special characteristics I'd let him walk if he makes it since he looks to be around 3.5. But he looks to be an avg at best 8. Def not gonna hurt anything to let him walk but I don't think your gonna loose anything if you take him either.

Comment

After the last 10 years I promised myself no more leases, booked some big hunts this year but after seeing all these trail cam pics of these really nice deer in Irion County, I have got to find a place there, some big bucks in that county for sure.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Awesome buck,Charles. I will be sending alfalfa and riceBran aromas once the North winds start so you better kill him quick.

Comment

Watch it King! Man your bucks are looking great. Shaping up to be a Great Season.

Thanks Brandon, hopefully i will be able to call you for some pics

Comment

Working...
                              X