Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Is he older than 4 1/2??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is he older than 4 1/2??

This year has been the hardest for me as far as judging which deer is which from past seasons. Usually I can tell this far along in summer but I am sure having trouble with them this year. This deer is giving me fits, I have no history of him (that I can tell) so its really making him hard to judge. In some pictures he looks older, more muscle def, bigger gut, but others I am second guessing him. So is he an old man or do yall think he will be a stout 4 1/2 year old this year?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheHammer; 08-10-2016, 09:48 PM.

It's so tough to tell this time of year but I would call him a healthy 4 y/o. Would not surprise me if he turned out to be a 5 y/o though either. Should be a little easier to tell closer to season. Great deer either way

Comment

Those kickers off his G2s are sweet! Doesn't look 4.5 to me but 3.5.

Great looking buck either way.

Comment

Not older than 4 IMO

Yet haha

I have some giving me fits right now also
        Last edited by bphillips; 08-10-2016, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I've been having the same problem this year for some reason. To me I see a 5 yr old deer in your pictures but I've been wrong before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool buck. He looks good.

I agree ... It gets really tough aging some deer without history. Especially, when you throw in two different body types into the mix. Lol

Imo. He's probably at least a 4 yr old but would'nt surprise me if he's older. That's kinda where I would start till I could figure out more on him in time. I bet he'll look the part a little more when you see him in person once the season opens.

Comment

Lol title was supposed to say 4 not 4 1/2... He's for sure not 4 1/2, yet at least..

Comment

I'm seeing atleast 5.5

Comment

This time of year is tough, as stated. But, I could see that buck being at least 4, and I am leaning towards 5

Comment

4+. Definitely older than 3

Comment

4 or 5

Comment

Some of those pics, tell me 4-5, then others he looks 3 to me. The first two pics....he looks older....and impressive. The last three, he has a pencil neck and flat back, and the angle makes his body look short....mashed him look young. I think hens one of those deer you may have to see inn person before you know for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Think so! Good looking buck, almost looks like he's posing for ya in the 5th pictire

Comment

Looks like 5yo to me.

Comment

He looks older to me in the first pic. 3 1/2 to 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X