Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Proof Trap - Which brand?

Which brand would you recommend? Duke, Freedom, Bridger, Ztrap, etc

duke's have worked great for a lot of folks on here.

Comment

dukes

Comment

Yep ^^^^^

Comment

Duke wont fail you.

Comment

All of the above.

Comment

duke

Comment

I like the freedom brand. They have a push/ pull trigger and they have two swivels which will help from the coons being able to bind it up and break their leg. They are also real easy to set my 6 year old can set them without any tools.

Comment

Duke...and spend the $5 for the setting tool...makes it much easier. I have a bent over welding rod that works well for setting as well.

Comment

Thanks. From searching the web, there was a lot of people preferring the z trap mainly due to being powder coated and its push/pull trigger? Looks like the Duke traps are powder coated now though. Is there a benefit of having a push/pull trigger? I would imagine if a raccoon sticks his paw inside, he is going to dry to dig the bait out.

Comment

I have dukes and Z's and prefer Dukes all day. Had couple coons bend my Z's

Comment

I have 5 dozen Freedom brand and use the heck out of them, I have also used z brand with the same good results.

Comment

Can't beat the price of the new power coated Dukes and I have never had one fell me yet! I use them only when trapping coons for the fur market, they are fast and easy to set on the go!

Comment

Z Traps have more swivels. Powder coat in white with side by side test, the white catches more coons. The cap that Z Trap makes helps preserve the bait against mice and the weather, also assist in setting relieving some of the pressure. An option of both push and pull on the triggers to catch more.

Comment

Working...
                            X