Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Is this deer as young as I think it is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need more pics but I would lean towards a summer time 3yr old

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      only pics I have of him. Hopefully there will be more on the next pull.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        I agree. Pics also look like the camera is above him looking down to me. That can make them look younger also. How high is the cam?

Comment

I'd be hunting that boar. He looks mature and a cull.

Comment

2 or 3 doesn't matter. Not worth arguing over a deer that young. Give him 5 more years, then argue over who gets to shoot him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinb09 View Post
              To me this deer is 2. Guys on my lease are saying 3 and 4, but I just don't see it. What do yall think? In three years i think he could be something.
              I think it is very difficult to determine a buck's age based on a few pics taken in July. If the other hunters have hunted the ranch longer they may be more experienced at aging the deer for that ranch. Or they could be full of it??? Wait and see what he looks like later. He certainly doesn't look very old in those pictures. I like to go back and look at last years pics or the year before to get a really good idea on the age of a deer. Last year I posted pictures of a deer that I know was 5.5 or 6.5. Most everyone said he was 3.5. These were fall pics too. And I don't think those who guessed he was 3.5 don't know what they are talking about. They just lack all the information. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Comment

Who cares if he is 2 or 3... Need to be arguing about who is buying the first protein feeder. Nice buck!

Comment

I vote for 3-4 years old as its three-four branched antlers.The antlers made of bone are shed and replaced every year. And a young deer produces an annual branch before it is ripe with four or five-tined*antlers. Different varieties may have small differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Odepro View Post
                    I vote for 3-4 years old as its three-four branched antlers.The antlers made of bone are shed and replaced every year. And a young deer produces an annual branch before it is ripe with four or five-tined*antlers. Different varieties may have small differences.

I have a belly button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2.5 or 3.5...doesnt matter

Comment

Have never heard of this.

Comment

Hahahaha, exactly.

Comment

Working...
                          X