Texas Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Regulations

I saw that TPWD put out their Outdoor annual and didn't see any of the proposed changes to the whitetail/archery/general seasons as I've heard so many speculating on. Any word as to whats coming? Here's a list of rumors and hearsay:

-Elimination of 13" rule
    -Moving general season to coincide with archery season
    -Extended season
    -Cull buck tags/doe tags given based on acreage (similar to MLD)

Again these are a few on the rumor mill....but you know how rumors go!

I thought any changes were going to be county or region specific. I haven't seen anything yet though.

Comment

Haven't heard of any of these. The only deer regulation change I'm expecting to see is the inclusion of bucks with 1 Unbranched antler in extended doe/spike season. Maybe there were county-specific.

Comment

As a bow hunter AND a rifle hunter, I'm on the fence with having the Archery and general seasons both begin October 1. That's a lot of hunters in the woods at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush to Bay View Post
          As a bow hunter AND a rifle hunter, I'm on the fence with having the Archery and general seasons both begin October 1. That's a lot of hunters in the woods at the same time.
          I have not heard that was even a consideration.

Comment

It was for some east Texas counties, they had to vote on it and it didn't pass from what I was told, they voted on that and the dove season extensions at the same time and I only heard of the dove passing. Might want to look on the app under the new regulations section

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Im all for all seasons beginning Oct.1. Bag limit is a bag limit regardless of means.

Comment

I'd like to see the rifle season shortened myself. Rifle succes rate is a lot better than archery. A few more younger bucks might make the season.

Comment

I don't think any change is needed as far as starting rifle early. I'm all bow so I'm a little biased, but I don't see anything wrong with what we have now.

Comment

All new to me. Following

Comment

I haven't heard any of those and will say that I seriously doubt they'll get rid of the 13 inch AR rggulation. Could it be tweaked, sure but overall it's the best to happen to most of the affected counties in my 46 years.

I'm a bow and rifle hunter and have NO desire to see them move the rifle opener to start with the bow opener. It took way too long to get a special bow only season.

I'd like to see them remove the spike tag for AR counties and replace it with a biologist approved cull tag. No guarantee of receiving one, based purely on meeting specific criteria. Unfortunately, that would inundate the local biologist with request, some of which cover multiple counties.

Comment

I hope that never happens. All those gun shots make the deer more weary and not to mention another month means more folks in the field longer and those younger bucks will eventually feel the impact I think. Hope it stays the way it is.

Comment

I hope not, that is the only time my fiance' can hunt with me because I'm the only one on our lease that bow hunts. And our cabin is not the place for women when there are 6 guys in it at one time.

Comment

I saw that TPWD put out their Outdoor annual and didn't see any of the proposed changes to the whitetail/archery/general seasons as I've heard so many speculating on. Any word as to whats coming? Here's a list of rumors and hearsay:

-Elimination of 13" rule
                            -Moving general season to coincide with archery season
                            -Extended season
                            -Cull buck tags/doe tags given based on acreage (similar to MLD)

Again these are a few on the rumor mill....but you know how rumors go!
                            I like to know what the person was smoking that you heard these rumors from.

Comment

The only problem I've seen with the 13 inch rule is older bucks that will never get past 13 wide. They will be tall but have no width. They simply just die of old age. Other than that I truly do believe in the rule. It has helped, I believe, in may ways improve the quality of the bucks being harvested.

Comment

Working...
                              X