Food Plot / Timber company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Plot / Timber company

I was about to do my food plots in the next 2 weeks and found out that the timber company is getting close to cutting. They came out and painted trees this week.

The food plots separate the trees to be cut, from the creek easement, that will not be cut, these plots have been in place for many years. I have been adding lime and finally have them up to snuff and ready to grow some good stuff.

The question I have is "am I wasting my time" doing these food plots.
    Will they get torn up with all the machinery etc.

My feeling is to go ahead since the seeds are already bought. I have been wrong before though
    Last edited by the marshall; 07-28-2016, 05:42 AM.

if u think they are going to cut the trees, then I would wait and see, its still early in the planting season for fall crops. if I was not sure and did not want to spend a lot of money, I would through some elbon rye seed out just before a good rain. elbon rye is harrd to beat for fall crop and all it needs is seed to soil contact and some rain.

Comment

Way to early to put in fall food plots

Comment

Brandon
        Would you suggest waiting till September? I wanted to stay away from my hunting area for 4 weeks before the opener of Oct. 1st. Maybe that is overkill?

But I was thinking it would be early planting as well..

Give me some feed back fellars

Comment

I don't ever plant until sometime in September. Early September if we are getting some rain. Otherwise I plant around the middle of September. If I was you I would plant on Labor Day weekend. That will give you the month that you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by the marshall View Post
            Brandon
            Would you suggest waiting till September? I wanted to stay away from my hunting area for 4 weeks before the opener of Oct. 1st. Maybe that is overkill?

But I was thinking it would be early planting as well..

Give me some feed back fellars
            We typically don't plant until mid/late september. We will start working the ground sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Way to early to put in fall food plots
              Yep ! Mid to late Sept

Comment

I planted the weekend before the bow opener last year and didn't have any problems seeing deer in my set ups. They were actually more curious after I had been in there planting and causing a ruckus, they came to check it out

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                  I planted the weekend before the bow opener last year and didn't have any problems seeing deer in my set ups. They were actually more curious after I had been in there planting and causing a ruckus, they came to check it out
                  They r curious creatures aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                  X