Score This Velvet Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
    I love watching bucks progress over the years. No telling how many people would have "culled" him at 3, and boy would they regret that now. Thanks for posting!
    He's still a cull by most "beer" lease hunters standards, but a good one for us that has grown into something special.

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
      He's still a cull by most "beer" lease hunters standards, but a good one for us that has grown into something special.
      Don't get me started on "culling"....

Comment

On small acerage the pressure around them is bad enough, and Mother Nature isn't kind, so we don't cull anything, just feed the hungry

Comment

Nice 8's! The first one you asked about will break the 130 mark, I think.

Comment

Buck we call baby giant. Think he's 3 maybe 4 this year. He was tiny bodied last year and this year it looks like he has doubled in weight. What do yall think he'll stretch the tape to?

Comment

136"- 142" is my guess once he finishes out. Beautiful length and frame. What part of the state are you in? You have some great deer.

Comment

136"- 142" is my guess once he finishes out. Beautiful length and frame. What part of the state are you in? You have some great deer.
                X2
                Nice buck

Comment

About 45 min south east of San Antonio

Comment

Comment

That is an awesome buck Dustin. The way his brows come together is really unique. Is he on the hitlist?

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                        That is an awesome buck Dustin. The way his brows come together is really unique. Is he on the hitlist?
                        I'd sure like him to see another year, at 5 his overall body composition is kinda down from last year, even though he has never been the biggest in the pasture. He broke up last year and ran hard up into February so I think he is still not on his feet to make the gains I'd hoped for. Maybe next year he'll make the jump that'll get his timecard punched. These are poor sandy land bucks that don't get to be tanks with age, not the red dirt whitetals most would expect when you say South Texas. Many would argue that with seeing only one pic of them they were 2-3 yr olds when they look at their smaller body sizes.
                        Last edited by MASTERS; 07-25-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X