A little feeder work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little feeder work.

I made a short trip to the lease today with the intent of swapping my spin cast to a Krivoman directional. I bought this from another TBH'R last year. With time to start slinging corn drawing close and the next 2-3 weekends planned I thought why not do it now.

I also filled the water tote for my honeysuckle and installed the camera from the ranchers JagerPro trap. We haven't seen a hog since the biggun was killed 3 weeks ago on either camera or by sightings. I told him I'd split the annual wireless fee and rig it up to a 12 volt deep cycle battery. And of course that if we get any hogs back to move his camera back to the trap. I'll have a Moultrie non cellular running backup.

Lastly, I applied a second treatment of round up to the feeding area. It's not my intention to completely kill it, just stunt it enough to hit it with a weed wacker. The first attempt saw rain about 20 minutes after applying.

Here's a video screen shot of me testing the new to me feeder. I'm about 15 yards from the feeder and I'll have a 15-27 yard shot from the blind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1468793239585.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	25091290

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1468793258111.jpg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	25091291

Woodrow, you just don’t ever get the point – ‘It’s not dyin’ I’m talkin’ about, it’s livin’.”....Gus

Looks like it is slinging some corn

Comment

Yes it is, easily 20 yards and it's not winched to the top of the tripod in this picture.

The other thing I like is its really loud so no need for Pea gravel and it doesn't pile up near as much directly under the feeder.

Woodrow, you just don’t ever get the point – ‘It’s not dyin’ I’m talkin’ about, it’s livin’.”....Gus

Comment

What is the advantage of a directional feeder? Can you trigger this remotely?

Comment

👍

Comment

Originally posted by Physhstyx View Post
            What is the advantage of a directional feeder? Can you trigger this remotely?
            I think it's more a preference thing. This is my primary bow hunting spot and it slings the corn in nothing but my shooting lane. Pretty much where I'd add hand corn when hunting.

Plus like I said it's loud so no need for Pea gravel to sound the dinner bell and it doesn't dump near as much directly under the feeder.

The only remote I know of is the Sneaky Feed remote and we all know kw how that went....

Comment

Love my Krivoman directional stand and fill it is a work of art and so far is doing a hell of a job. I plan pulling camera card next weeked.

Comment

This is a deer from last year I call picket fence due to his striking profile. Here he is checking out the new Krivoman.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1468807552497.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	24452713

Comment

I see a screen name change for you in the near future. .👍

Comment

Looking good man. I just bought 4 directionals from Krivoman and putting them to work Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      Yes it is, easily 20 yards and it's not winched to the top of the tripod in this picture.

The other thing I like is its really loud so no need for Pea gravel and it doesn't pile up near as much directly under the feeder.

Wait a minute, there is always a need for Pea gravel. Hahaha

Comment

^^^I thought about that but with roasted soy beans and a little RR golden nuggets there's not any room for pea gravel....

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                          ^^^I thought about that but with roasted soy beans and a little RR golden nuggets there's not any room for pea gravel....
                          With all of that goodness in there and you forgot the double down. LOL I do love that setup. I have been wanting to build one.

Comment

Toad

Comment

Working...
                            X