Exotics droppings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exotics droppings?

On a lease near Rocksprings. We've seen axis and Auodad out there. Though not many of them. Seeing some larger droppings by the feeders. Haven't checked cameras yet (we will of course). But just curious if anyone has any descriptions or pictures of axis and aoudad droppings, and other exotics as well (never know what we'll see).

Just want to become a better hunter, expand my knowledge.

Axis is similar to whitetail, aoudad is similar, but can be slightly larger if a large ram.

Comment

Exotics droppings?

Here's a pic. Deer droppings nearby (not in pic), and they're definitely not the same. These have to be something else. There are about 6 Angoras (wild) on the place too. Don't think it's them. Hopefully pics tell the story

Comment

Need something for size reference

Comment

Yeah dont have anything. Dad sent the pic from the lease. Not by the feeder anymore. All I know is they're slightly larger than the deer droppings. If that helps.

Comment

Only sure way to differentiate is by taste.
            Exotic droppings are typically more spicy and robust.
            Native whitetail have an earthy, grassy flavor with a hint of a corn aftertaste.

Comment

You have to taste them to be able to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post

Here's a pic. Deer droppings nearby (not in pic), and they're definitely not the same. These have to be something else. There are about 6 Angoras (wild) on the place too. Don't think it's them. Hopefully pics tell the story
                I had two piles of these in my pen last time up. Not quite as oblong as deer, but a lot fatter. I was wondering the same thing, hoping it was axis. Of coarse the camera in front it was having technical difficulties!

Comment

Originally posted by bwool View Post
                  I had two piles of these in my pen last time up. Not quite as oblong as deer, but a lot fatter. I was wondering the same thing, hoping it was axis. Of coarse the camera in front it was having technical difficulties!
                  I believe they are axis droppings. We didn't start getting droppings like that until we began getting axis, now you see those droppings more than white til. They're shorter and fatter

Comment

This is s crappy thread.....

Comment

This is a crappy thread, You know there's a ton of guys out there that knows exactly what axis poop looks like. Unfortunately google's not much of a deer hunter.

Comment

Yeah I would've thought we had more hunters with experience with exotics/axis. Guess they don't speak up.

Comment

Working...
                        X