Protein to Corn cutover date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 686 View Post
    I switched to a timed protein unit this year (Krivoman) and am loving it!!! No more coons draining it and I can ration the protein, so that the feeder only needs filling every 3-4 weeks instead of every 5-7 days. I have the feeder open from 7am -7:45am and from 6pm - 6:45pm, and they eat about 50# per day on that schedule. I'm planning on running it year round at this setup because they can't "go nocturnal" (because the feeder is closed at night, no more looking at thousands of trail cam photos with a dozen deer camped out at the feeder at midnight)

I like the way you think.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
      I like the way you think.

I have just dealt with Mitch, but if you are the inventer of the Hammer timer/mechanism, sir, I would like to personally thank you for a brilliant idea and creation that has made managing my deer feeding so much more enjoyable! It's kinda changed my life this summer - no more running out to the ranch every weekend to fill drained feeders, now I can take my time (and a vacation or two), and I have the absolute satisfaction of not having coons in the feeder tubes!

I am an engineer that designs and sells equipment for a living, and I recommend your invention to all the folks I talk to about hunting.

The buck on the left of this photo was almost exclusively nocturnal last year (when I was feeding free choice), now he's at the feeder regularly in daylight. I think you could say I'm a satisfied customer.

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
        I have just dealt with Mitch, but if you are the inventer of the Hammer timer/mechanism, sir, I would like to personally thank you for a brilliant idea and creation that has made managing my deer feeding so much more enjoyable! It's kinda changed my life this summer - no more running out to the ranch every weekend to fill drained feeders, now I can take my time (and a vacation or two), and I have the absolute satisfaction of not having coons in the feeder tubes!

I am an engineer that designs and sells equipment for a living, and I recommend your invention to all the folks I talk to about hunting.

The buck on the left of this photo was almost exclusively nocturnal last year (when I was feeding free choice), now he's at the feeder regularly in daylight. I think you could say I'm a satisfied customer.

Thank you for the kind words. This device came to be because we are hunters, too, with the same issues you face. We're trying to learn how to make a business out of it, rather than a hobby. Stay tuned for improvements all the way around.

Best of luck this season!

Comment

depends on the area

Comment

Working...
          X