Who feeds corn year round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who feeds corn year round?

If so do you keep the spin times the same or do you reduce it so the deer eat more protein? I turned my corn off when the season ended and now don't see as many deer even thought I have protein. The deer I do have are always looking at the corn feeder first and then move to protein or just leave. So this past weekend I turned the corn back on but have it spinning for 2 seconds in the morning and evening and 1 second at 1200. My thought is if they get a little bit of corn then they may move over to the protein looking for more. I also reseeded my pens with Biologic.

Following

Comment

We typically feed corn year round but just back the times off a little in the off season, but we go out during the off season to hog hunt as well.

Comment

I try to when I have the money. I back the times down as low as I can set them and feed once a day.

Comment

I go to 2 seconds from 5-7 seconds. Mainly because I cant get up there as much and I don't want to run out.

Comment

We spin 4-5 seconds during season and 2 seconds during off season. If it's a really green off season and they aren't hitting the feeders much, we cut them back to 1 second. Just to let them know there is food year around for them.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
              We typically feed corn year round but just back the times off a little in the off season, but we go out during the off season to hog hunt as well.
              Same here ^

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                We spin 4-5 seconds during season and 2 seconds during off season. If it's a really green off season and they aren't hitting the feeders much, we cut them back to 1 second. Just to let them know there is food year around for them.
                This is what my plan is too. I have bucks that pass thru look for the corn and I don't see them again. I hope to catch them when they pass thru and keep them there.

Comment

Edwards County- We spin a mix of corn, protein, milo, and black eyed peas August-end of April. 9 seconds for each spin in the Am and PM, sometimes bump it down to 6 seconds in the spring.

Caldwell county- Corn from mid August- end of season; 6 seconds AM and PM. Free Choice protein Late December-August

Hays County- Corn from mid August- end of season; 5 seconds AM and PM

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    Edwards County- We spin a mix of corn, protein, milo, and black eyed peas August-end of April. 9 seconds for each spin in the Am and PM, sometimes bump it down to 6 seconds in the spring.

Caldwell county- Corn from mid August- end of season; 6 seconds AM and PM. Free Choice protein Late December-August

Hays County- Corn from mid August- end of season; 5 seconds AM and PM
                    This is what I have always done. This is the first time I am trying the year round corn. I guess #'s won't lie if there are more deer when the season starts.

Comment

I throw year round, but have to adjust the amount some years if money gets tight

Comment

We feed corn year around at 8 sec.

Comment

All year

Comment

We do
                            We feed heavy right before and through season and feed a little less from spring to late summer.
                            We adjust feed times a few times a year according to sunrise/sunset

Comment

year round for me

Comment

Working...
                              X